Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright.... this is probably very easy to do lol. But, i dont know how. So can somebody please tell me how can i remove the chrome doors trims so that i paint them black? and should i use plastidip? or i can just use black paint?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
There's a video on YouTube. I think you just open the door. Remove the one screw on the back side and then lift up and it slide right off.
a lot of people painted and plasti-dipped em with good results. But I guess plasti-dip is not as smooth and catches crap.
If you paint em be sure to prep well. You can also easily cover them with black vinyl that's always removable with a little heat.

·
Registered
452 Posts
In the past I have tried painting them, sticking on black vinyl, and plasti-dip. They all turned out nice. So any method you choose should be fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How would you go about prepping chrome? I like the idea of painting the chrome door trim. I think I'll do the lettering on the back too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I you haven't started this project yet, when you pry the passenger side door trim off start from the front and work your way back. It comes off easier that way.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can use self etching primer and just put your color right over that. No need to use primer over primer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts