Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry I don't think that the link will work. I need to figure out a way to load these because they are too big. They are 2mb. I might have to retake when I have time. WIll do soon. Promise. You may have to make a gmail account. If you already have one log into it and then click the link.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That link worked. It looks not bad. Do you still have all the same features on the DIC? Did you lose any options in the process? Were you able to find a steering wheel control connection to use with the aftermarket deck? I like the fur on the box, never seen that before. I bet the hair on it moves a lot with the bass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Double Din

Hey if you guys installed a double din...you know how all the information is read through your radio screen such as oil life, gas mileage, tire pressure...what happens when you install the double din?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea I had a whole car lined with that fur before. It was my shag mobile. lol Umm I haven't found one yet I am still in the process of looking for one. I don't have the money to really buy one yet because I am saving for the new halos made by oracle lighting that I shall be getting here within the next few weeks. I just got all new 6000k LED intererior and reverse & license plate bulbs which looks spectacular. But I will find out something about the steering wheel controls, cause yes, I do miss mine.

As far as the double din, I haven't installed one but I am sure that you have to still get the dash kit that has the MOD on it and jsut hide it away somewhere as I previously stated in one of my previous posts whg6ite.

·
Registered
64 Posts
double din

i wanted to buy a double din but i dont want to loose the controls from the factory stereo of my moonsoon syst, can i just hide the factory stereo under the dash or glove compartment to be able to install my double din, or is there a way to have it like a 1din with the lcd screen and the three buttons thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
were can i get some kind of extension so i can put the fact stereo in the glove box

·
Registered
64 Posts
did you put your fact stereo in the glove box or center console how did you extended, plz help want to hide the original to install a dd din

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a little different scenario. My wife has a 2009.5 so her DIC is integrated in the dash below the speedo, not the center console where the radio is. I am looking at getting her a double-din stereo/Nav system for xmas.
Based on this, I don't believe I need to address the DIC but I would need the in-dash receiver kit, factor integration adapter (for onstar and door chime) and the steering wheel control interface.
Does this sound about right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Double Din

Ok so there are like 3 different answers in this and I'm completely confused...
I have a 2006 G6 Coupe and a double din Pioneer.

Number one, if you have a double din headunit, how can you still keep the DIC? What do you need to buy? I've seen people say to buy the Metra 99-3303, but that's for a single din, so I guess that's what I don't understand. And I've seen others say that you also need another part for it.

Number two, what happens if you do away with the DIC completely? Does that mean if you open your door or the gas light comes on, your car won't chime?

Number three, is there a way to mount DIC somewhere in your car where it is visible? (i.e. To see "Miles to go, Trip, Oil Life")

Anyone who has any solutions, if you could reply with the list of parts needed, it'd be greatly appreciated. THANKS!! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are bunches of how to on stereos for g6. I did the '09.5 speedometer swap. GM moved the DIC from the radio to the speedometer for the 2009 G6. You need an interface for the radio to keep the factory chime in the car as it is a tiny speaker built into the speedometer. It's been so long since I did it... will try to find the how to

21 - 38 of 38 Posts