Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
FINALLY, The Creaking has Ceased!!

Today I picked up my G6 GT fhe Dealership after 8 days. They found the source of the noise I was hearing, Turns out it was some sort of "Plate" that is located under or around the seat belt retractor inside my "B" Pillar. It took a few days to pinpoint, but they found it. Among other things to try and quiet my creaking they did the following:

"Test Drove, Removed Door Panel, Tightened regulator bolts, Installed insulation on fueltank straps, adjusted left lower rocker moulding RR rear seat and carpet, RR Left B pillar moulding Found Metal below left front seat belt retractor flexing with body when turning, removed mate L"

They also lubed my front drivers seat bottom and they car is once again quiet. It took since August to get this pinpointed, but I am sure glad it is done. Thanks everyone for your ideas and reading my on-going saga. Don

·
Registered
122 Posts
06gtg6 said:
Hi, I am new here, My wife and I have a new 2006 G6 GT Sedan "Crimson Red' that we bought new in August, a week afer our purchase we noticed a creaking noise, seemingly from under the drvers side rocker panel or the "B" pillar area,(at first i thought it was the drivers seat bottom, but no... I tried lubing the weather seals around the front and back doors, to no avail, I went to the dealer for the 1st oil change around 1500 miles and mentioned it, they lubed the seals some more and called it "Body Flex". Got home and it still does it, when I turn onto my driveway apron from my street it makes a "ccccrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkeeeee" sound. iit is a crunchy pecular noise.. I opened the drivers door while I pulled in and still heard it plain as day. Anyone encounter this nusiance? Has to be something under the rocker panel or behind the "B" pillar and I would call it more than the doors moving opposite of the body, the bolts are tight to the doors. any ideas? I cant live with the dealer discounting this noise as a new car with "Body Flex'. Thanks.....oh yea, the conventional sunroof shade panel was making some noise and they lubed it and it has vanished. now if they would address this creaking when going over and un-even surface.

I has a ratle that seemed to be behind dash on pass side-it was body flex of front fender--try opening hood-under the padding near the shock tower are seems--try pushing the car up and down to see if noise is from a seam-hope that helps -bud

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
No, they did not charge me for anything. Including the seat bottom lubing, I geuss they just hit the track with some white lithium grease, maybe the springs under the cushion? (I did get the seat to let up in the mean time by not having the height adjuster bottomed out, I moved it up one touch before I took it in)(now it is quiet at any height) It was making some noises as I was sitting in it moving around while driving around the Srvce Mgr. He heard it in addition to gremlin I had within my "B" pillar,. took 8 days at the dealer to find a plate flexing everytime I turned or "flexed" my car. The recipt says 3 days rental car and I had it for 8 days..... My probem is solved and my wife and I are finally Happy with the G6 GT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 06 G6 GT did a similar thing, I found out it was something in the rear suspension rubber. I squirted all the rubber bushings with dry lube (being very careful not to get any on the rotors, already had enough trouble with the brakes) and I bounced the rear end up and down in the driveway and after a couple of times jacking it up and squirting , the creaking noise went away!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had a noise coming from the driver's seat when it's all the way down ... try to move it up and see if it goes away ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had that problem and it was two bolts. One above the open/close door latch (turn on off the interior lights) simply tighten them and PRESTO! Let me know if this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same prob. here. Leave my driveway and creake!!!!! Also does it when i take off at a stop light. Dealer "Fixed" it once, but came back now I just live with it, just like I live with the crappy sun visor that was "Fixed" in the recall buts has broke a third time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, have this in mine. It sounds like it is my drivers seat, still not sure exactly. Never had anyone check it because I can only imagine how much they'd charge and then it'd be a ridiculous thing. Friends get driven nuts by it. I turn up the noise and don't hear it. I don't mind anyway, since mine has a mind of her own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Battery Question!

hey, does anyone know if an optima deep cell can fit into my 06 g6 3.5l v6? ive been trying to look and some places online say that it can fit yet i e-mailed the optima website and they said they had no available batteries to fit my vehicle. Any ideas anyone??

·
4,052 Posts
hey, does anyone know if an optima deep cell can fit into my 06 g6 3.5l v6? ive been trying to look and some places online say that it can fit yet i e-mailed the optima website and they said they had no available batteries to fit my vehicle. Any ideas anyone??
odd place for this question...... but to answer your question Yes, I had a yellow top in my car for a long time. but the hold down didnt work that great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Whole Car sounds like it is squeaking like a worn mattress :(

My car squeaks after driving and it warms up, it definitely comes from underneath and has worsened over the years. No one has been able to find the reason except my uncle who said it probably needed new bushings? Took to a friend mechanic and he changed the Differential Carrier Berings, Inner Pinion Berings, outer Pinion Berings, Front Pinion Seal, Axle Berings, Axle seals, Front upper ball Joints and tie rod ends and the noise is still there. I have a 2002 Pontiac Trans am and I am here because I could find nothing on my "bird" regarding this problem. It seems to be a problem with pontiacs only. It sounds like someone is bouncing on an old mattress and the springs are "creaking". It is embarrassing driving this car and it is still in excellent condition. Whenever anything happens or if it needs any maintenance, I get it done. Take good care of my cars BUT this has been a huge annoyance. Since Pontiacs generally have the same parts I came here in desperation. I hope no one gets mad at me. Your information here has helped me find a place at least to start. But going from the "parking break cable" or the "sway bar bushings" to metal plates and mountings being replaced and insulated...WOW.. it could get costly but I really enjoy this vehicle and it has never been in any accident :) And has no damage to the leather interior at all and carpets are like new so I don't want to sell it :) Again, thank you for the info :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive had my 2006 g6 gt since brand new. This car is one of the noises cars Ive ever had, dealer can never figure out anything wrong. Squeaks, creeks and poping sound in front. Always.other than the car being noisy as hell, never had any other problems.....knock on wood. So I guess I cant complain present
ly has 142k

21 - 38 of 38 Posts