Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad you are satisfied. I'm putting my money into drilled/slotted rotors and carbon fiber ceramic brake pads. Only put me back $150.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm glad you are satisfied. I'm putting my money into drilled/slotted rotors and carbon fiber ceramic brake pads. Only put me back $150.
Drilled rotors have a tendency to crack, not worth it IMO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drilled rotors have a tendency to crack, not worth it IMO
Thanks for the advice. I haven't installed them yet or even opened the package. On another thread, I read where you suggested OEM pads and brakes. I have to say I was somewhat surprised. Seems like for the most part on car forums, stock usually doesn't cut it for anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks, I'm getting off subject here. My apologies to the thread starter. I'll take this subject up elsewhere.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
guess you didnt notice that I moved it already.

Yes.... Its also hard to weed out your "G8 is better" posts from your intake hating
so I left those. I dont want to edit or delete as we believe that censorship should be avoided but members do need to stay on topic. You can edit a post or request its removal if you like.

This site has been up since 2005 & the odds are that what your discussing has been brought up many times. Most times a search will help.

I made a new folder to make the brake posts easier to find. Ill move over other threads later as I need a cup of coffee right now. :p

Slotted with Semi Metallic is the way to go. Remember that if you plan a brembo upgrade that the sizes are different. So dont shell out the bucks for new rotors and pads thinking it will work with the brembos.

I recommend you upgrade the rotors and get new pads when you get the brembo calipers.

Like the other staple mods (intake, tune & exhaust) the brembo upgrade is well worth it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guess you didnt notice that I moved it already.

Yes.... Its also hard to weed out your "G8 is better" posts from your intake hating
so I left those. I dont want to edit or delete as we believe that censorship should be avoided but members do need to stay on topic. You can edit a post or request its removal if you like.

This site has been up since 2005 & the odds are that what your discussing has been brought up many times. Most times a search will help.

I made a new folder to make the brake posts easier to find. Ill move over other threads later as I need a cup of coffee right now. :p

Slotted with Semi Metallic is the way to go. Remember that if you plan a brembo upgrade that the sizes are different. So dont shell out the bucks for new rotors and pads thinking it will work with the brembos.

I recommend you upgrade the rotors and get new pads when you get the brembo calipers.

Like the other staple mods (intake, tune & exhaust) the brembo upgrade is well worth it.
I don't hate CAI's, your "pipes" look great, just not worth the cash to me, same with a cat back or brembo brakes. Rockford Fosgate speakers are good enough for me too. I can see just fine with the stock headlights and fog lights too.
I'm sticking w/the brakes I bought. That's why I didn't comment anymore.
I'm saving money for a handmade Italian road bike. The rush from going fast is better. You should try it.
I could give you plenty of advice that you could be skeptical about.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lampoon, might not have made it clear w/my last reply, but I do appreciate advice. I'm just not one to spend much for upgrades, repairs are bad enough. Guess I'm "old school". Also I was just referring to a bicycle. Trying to lighten up a little. Too much OT this winter, sleep deprivation makes me irritable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think they're called Black XD Series. Tell him to make sure that his calipers aren't frozen when installing new pads or rotors, better yet replace them or rebuild them if in doubt. This will help to insure longer life and no rotor warping. I've had mine on a Pontiac Grand Prix for a year and been happy with them.

Luk Schaffer
makes a nice slotted cross drilled rotor (this may help keep them cool and prohibit warping) for not a ton of money.

Lampoon, might not have made it clear w/my last reply, but I do appreciate advice. I'm just not one to spend much for upgrades, repairs are bad enough. Guess I'm "old school". Also I was just referring to a bicycle. Trying to lighten up a little. Too much OT this winter, sleep deprivation makes me irritable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts