Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inside my 2008 G6-GT and could not get out on the drivers side as the door would not unlock. I climbed out the passanger side (hard for an 82 year old) and tried the door several times. The remote would click like the door was unlocked. The next day I got in the car from the passinger side to take it to the garage and rolled down the window and the door unlocked. locked it several times since then and works as normal. But I'm afraid to lock the door when I go shopping. Any Ideas what I do next. Thanks Ron Pearson

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
80 Posts
Sorry to hear your having trouble, unfortunately looks like there is an issue with the door lock. I would take it in to a mechanic to look at it. You still should be able to pull on door handle to open it as long as the lock can be pulled up.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
80 Posts
Definitely you have an issue with the door handle and lock. Was there extreme heat the day it jammed? Maybe the parts are worn or something inside the door became loose or stuck. Either way you need someone to take apart the door and check.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could be also that the long steel ( sometimes plastic) rod that actuates the door lock knob is bent or twisted out of shape, had to open the rear passenger door to do the same check and it was a bit bent Easy fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts