Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experienced a problem with my driver seat. It's a 2008 G6 GT coupe. Just noticed that the electronic button that adjusts the height of the seat is only working on the left side of the seat. It's not lifting or lowering the right side, causing the seat to "tilt" into the center console, making it rub up against it whenever I move the seat forward or backward. Anyone else experienced this problem? Do I need to replace the whole seat to fix it? Hope someone can assist me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's likely the seat frame is broken. The cushions and covers mount to a steel frame, and if memory serves, the motor turns on one side, rotates a bar and raises the seat both sides.
Take a look underneath, and watch what happens with each switch actuatuon.
Repair? Perhaps a weld, or salvage seat.
Problem with welding/fabrication is lack of space.
Start by peeking underneath first.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's likely the seat frame is broken. The cushions and covers mount to a steel frame, and if memory serves, the motor turns on one side, rotates a bar and raises the seat both sides.
Take a look underneath, and watch what happens with each switch actuatuon.
Repair? Perhaps a weld, or salvage seat.
Problem with welding/fabrication is lack of space.
Start by peeking underneath first.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I just took it for an inspection before I noticed the seat. Coincidence that the inspector was a pretty big guy? haha I'll try and take a look under the seat. It's so cramped down there! D:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts