Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue, it's been in three times for the same issue. They first replaced the track assembly, then took the cover off and who knows what they done there. I'm bringing it in again next week. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I not sure its the same issue, but... I have a broken support on my driver side seat. i took the seat off flipped it over.... where the support that controls the elevation to the back of the seat , a weld has broken i just diagnosed it today doesn't look there is a permanent solution i'm going to probably have to replace the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is a set of star bolts on the rear portions of the slide. Slide your seat forward untill you see the 2 bolts remove them slide the seat back reach under unplug the wire (i had 6 way seat controls, and a side airbag) then the seat lifts forward then up much like a van seat and its out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a new one. The backs, the plastic pieces, are falling off. Has anyone looked for replacement seat backs and if so where in the heck do we find them. I tried ebay and junk yards, but no one can seem to help. The clips on the plastic are broken. Soon I am going to put sheet metal screws into the seat back.

·
Single and Loving It!
14 Posts
I have a new one. The backs, the plastic pieces, are falling off. Has anyone looked for replacement seat backs and if so where in the heck do we find them. I tried ebay and junk yards, but no one can seem to help. The clips on the plastic are broken. Soon I am going to put sheet metal screws into the seat back.
See this link

If item #3 is what you're referring to, I believe that will help you out. I chose for black seats, so ifyou have neutral seats, you'll have to change the selection, withthe column on the left.

Sorry, but it appears they might not have much of a selection though.

I had changed my seats in my 1st G6, and I had to put the plastic backs on with sheetmetal screws, too. the webbing didn't come with the seats. So hopefully the webbing will come attached to the back that you see there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
See this link

If item #3 is what you're referring to, I believe that will help you out. I chose for black seats, so ifyou have neutral seats, you'll have to change the selection, withthe column on the left.

Sorry, but it appears they might not have much of a selection though.

I had changed my seats in my 1st G6, and I had to put the plastic backs on with sheetmetal screws, too. the webbing didn't come with the seats. So hopefully the webbing will come attached to the back that you see there.
Thanks Bambamm... I rather figured out that they would be expensive. $80 each side plus shipping. I think the sheet metal screw idea is GREAT. Too many miles on the old girl for the money. Thanks again

·
Single and Loving It!
14 Posts
You're welcome, when I swapped out the seats in my 1st G6, the webbing on the back of the seats had been removed, and so I had to pull them off the stock seats and then somehow put them onto the new seats.

once you've got the screws in good, get some black paint and brush the paint onto the screws to hide them a little. Well, black or neutral paint color depending on the color of your seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My driver side seat is loose on the right side. The whole seat moves on the right side. I thought some hold down bolts were loose, but they look OK. Does anyone know how this could be repaired? I suspect the seat will need to be removed, and that some part of the electric adjustment has broken, but not sure. All the motions of the power seat work, but the side to side motion, doesn't seem to be right. It seemed to tilt the seat to an weird position.

·
Chipper T
37 Posts
As I continue to experience many different issues on this car lol, I thought I'd comment on this one too, even though it's older.

My drivers seat also rocks back and forth. I have not solved that issue.

It also has the popping feeling in the lower back. And yes my seat backing pabel broke off. I think these two are linked together. The reason why the seat backing breaks off, is because the spring breaks off (inside the seat) causing it to put pressure into the backing panel. The best bet without breaking the bank, might be to leave the spring broken inside and replace the seat backing panel, if the tabs broke off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.