Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 08 base model and I'm having problems with the seat adjustment. It's only got one switch on the side that either raises or lowers the seat, and it clicks when I hit the button to raise the seat but it doesn't do anything when I try to lower it. I just bought it lmao.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm assuming that you have forward and back travel ? If so the motor is working but you may have a mechanical issue with the seat bracket or more likely a bad switch . You need to find a wiring diagram for the switch and test it .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got a pull bar to move forward and back, so it does operate forward and back, but when I hit the switch it only sticks when I hit the switch to make it go up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry , I was thinking about my car seat and not the G6 seat . Still you need to get a diagram of the seat motor power supply and determine if the switch is bad or the power motor is . Once you find the wire that supplies power to the switch bypass it to the motor and if the motor functions I would suspect you need a new switch .

·
08 convertible
337 Posts
If you have a manual seat (pull bar at the front), then it doesn't have a power raise/lower switch. Post pictures of the seat and switch so we can see what you're talking about.

·
08 convertible
337 Posts
The 2007 manual (page 10) says it doesn't. Can you post pictures of your seat? I've never seen a manual seat with power up and down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 2007 manual (page 10) says it doesn't. Can you post pictures of your seat? I've never seen a manual seat with power up and down.

here ya go. I also have a video of me pressing the button and the seat going up and down but I can’t figure out how to post it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you sure that isn't the lumbar support built into the lower section of the back support? That is what my button on the side is for on my 2010 G6.

·
08 convertible
337 Posts
jtapoling,
Here is what I found for 2010 base model. You can see the lumbar switch has symbols, the up and down doesn't. If yours is different, post a picture.

·
Registered
8 Posts
jtapoling,
Here is what I found for 2010 base model. You can see the lumbar switch has symbols, the up and down doesn't. If yours is different, post a picture. View attachment 18383
That is the correct configuration that I do in fact have and it does control the seat height up or down. Guess I have never used that button or maybe I set it once and forgot about it. I would say check for wiring underneath the seat and make sure it's properly connected. Then check to see if there is a fuse for it and that it is intact. And yes my seat is not power-adjustable forward or back it has a manual handle for control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts