Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car 2006 Pontiac G6 overall it is a nice car and i'm using it from a long time but from last week i'm having problem with my driver side lock, it is not working properly it is very difficult to lock it using key so i needs a locksmith who can fix this issue. if anyone have some idea to fix it kindly suggest me.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have my car 2006 Pontiac G6 overall it is a nice car and i'm using it from a long time but from last week i'm having problem with my driver side lock, it is not working properly it is very difficult to lock it using key so i needs a locksmith who can fix this issue. if anyone have some idea to fix it kindly suggest me.
You need to replace the latch mechanism. That's one of the most common issues with this car & has already been covered in many threads.

·
Registered
295 Posts
bualaipin,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your G6 vehicle. “greenman” may be right, this may be due to a latch mechanism. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair option(s).

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with an ignition lock cylinder about 10 years ago. The key worked in the doors/trunk, but won't turn the ignition lock. One of the tumblers had come out somehow. I ended up replacing the entire steering column and that was actually easier than fixing the lock.It meant I had to have two keys, 1 for the doors, 1 for the ignition.But problem persist then i contact to Grant Locksmith Doral,they are experts in their profession.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts