Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Driver's Side Seat Panel Fix

14K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jerkyboy 
#1 ·
I have a set of modern G6 seats in my '68 Dart and the driver's side plastic seat panel is broken. The panel does not sit tight to the seat back and appears to have a broken clip. How do you get the adjustable seat lever off so I can remove the panel, is this a common problem, and is it fixable? I have attached a photo in which you can see how the driver's side panel is pulled away from the seat back. If need be, I can post a better pic tonight.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
if you lift up the handle you can look between the two and see there is a retaining clip that holds the lever on just take a pair of needle nose and it will come right off. and for the panel there is a screw in the front and i think another in the middle by the lever. hope this helps if you have any questions let me know and i will send you pics on how to take it all apart.

#5 ·
Yup, you're right....I checked out the seats in a two door coupe the other day and the seat back tilts forward and the seat moves forward too. Mine do not. I figured they must have come from a four door model.

I still haven't gotten a chance to remove the handle I'll report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.