Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife ran over a piece of tire on the highway and then her car shut off. I had connect a wiring harness under the car to get it to start back up. the check engine light is now on and we got it checked out and was told we have a code P0452. I was wondering what can I check to find out whats wrong and whats I need to repair.
Thanks in Advance.

·
Legend
782 Posts
If you check over on www.g6performance.com there's a whole thread on what different CEL codes mean. I don't personally know what it is but its a starting point. :beer:

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
P0452 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

I read on the Chevy Blazer forums about this, Someone replaced damn near everything fuel system related until they found there was no power even getting to the sensor. A short search revealed a broken wire under the car.
You mention having the reconnect a harness, any idea which harness? Like where was it located? Did you check the make sure all the wires were still connected to the harness? Maybe a wire or two got pulled from the actual plug.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
DTC P0452: Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
i.e.-The FTP sensor voltage is less than 0.1 volt for more than 5 seconds.

Can you post a picture?

I'm guessing that was the harness that runs to the rear ABS sensors & the fuel tank. Probably either a severed wire or a wire pulled out of it's terminal. You wouldn't be the first to have damaged that harness. It is not well protected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DTC P0452: Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
i.e.-The FTP sensor voltage is less than 0.1 volt for more than 5 seconds.

Can you post a picture?

I'm guessing that was the harness that runs to the rear ABS sensors & the fuel tank. Probably either a severed wire or a wire pulled out of it's terminal. You wouldn't be the first to have damaged that harness. It is not well protected.
I will post a picture as soon as I can.
Thanks for the response.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I remember seeing that harness and immediately thought that it can be a future problem possibly resulting in a bulletin. I think I'm going to spend some time trying to hide it better. haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts