Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the gtp has one line coming from engine to a muffler with 2 exits--thats not dual exhaust to me - 2 pipes from engine etc is to me--have to check my friends TL to see if its the same as the g6-

·
Registered
14 Posts
hook2233 said:
well the gtp has one line coming from engine to a muffler with 2 exits--thats not dual exhaust to me - 2 pipes from engine etc is to me--have to check my friends TL to see if its the same as the g6-

This is how all V6 FWD vehicles are configured with "Dual Outlets", Been this way for decades. Your buddies TL will be the same.

Big single can still flow just as good as dual if sized properly

·
Registered
423 Posts
hook2233 said:
i agree, the GTP is not a "True Dual Exhaust". when i have been discussing putting "Duals" on my GT, i only meant "Dual Outlets"......i think it just looks better and hopefully with the right parts, may sound a little better. but as for performance, i doubt that it would do much and that doesn't bother me.

yes, all the V6's i have seen AND a number of V8's have the same set-up. a "Y" pipe off the manifolds into a single intermediate pipe and then going into a muffler with twin exits, either on each side of the car or next to each other.

again, its all about 'LOOKS'!!!! :cool:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
hook2233 said:
Actually, the exhaust comes from the manifolds via 2 seperate pipes. There is no crossover pipe in the GTP's 3.9L. There appears to be a pre-cat on the front exhaust manifold pipe and the rear exhaust manifold pipe feeds into a dual inlet cat/single outlet cat, along with the front manifold pipe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Blackrider said:
ehhhh not this argument again, what benefits do you expect to see from this?
all i want to 'see from this' is TWO CHROME TIPS underneath my rear fascia. i just like 'THE LOOK', thats all. :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was just a question

Blackrider said:
ehhhh not this argument again, what benefits do you expect to see from this?
I am from the muscle cars of the 60s -duals were duals from the front to back--i just have to get used to these 2000 cars-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts