Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2009.5 G6 is able to do e85 fuel. I'd like to convert my 2008 G6 Convertible 3.5L GT for flexfuel. Many aftermarket conversion kits are out their, but I rather just use GM parts. Does anyone know if Pontiac has a conversion kit, or what parts you need to make it do flexfuel.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
none to my knowledge. Talk to your dealership.
They would know but do it quick before they dissappear!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Why would you want to? Not only will the conversion be expensive but you won't be saving any money.

E85 gas mileage is your mileage with regular gas -5 to -7 MPG. So if you would be getting 27 MPG with gas, you'd be getting 20MPG with E85. I looked on the fuel economy for the Impala flex fuel to figure that out so I'm assuming it will be the same for the G6 (it doesn't have the G6 flex fuel vehicle in its stats on fueleconomy.gov.)

E85 is cheaper than regular gas. However, you'll be filling up more often because you get alot less MPG and any cost savings will be erased. The stats on the site say it's actually a few dollars more than if you just filled it up with regular gas.

So in my opinion, you will just be wasting your money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's your car and your call but the only way I would convert to E85 is if I had a turbo or supercharger because of the 105 min. octane level that E85 has but we all know that a boosted G6 is not going to happen and our cars will not run any better with more octane stock. My 2 cents.

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts