Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock headlights with the Eagle Eye Headlights here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2010-PONTIAC-G6-DUAL-CCFL-ANGEL-EYE-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-w-LED-BLACK-/300698701440?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item46030a0e80#ht_4227wt_1163

I have a few questions though before I purchase them. #1. How easy are they to install? I have an '09 GXP Sedan. #2. Are these a good purchase? I've read a lot of good things about them so far, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought. #3. The bulbs that come with it are just normal halogen bulbs, not hids, correct? Lastly, #4. What size HIDS do these headlights take? Are they still the H11 for the lows? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out a little!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I bought my Eagle Eye's from Ebay as well and I love them. Install was extremely easy, had them installed in under 10 mins. There was no additional wiring with mine. They came pre wired to the original pigtail so all I had to do was plug them in. They came with a ballast for the halos that I had to locate a good location to place it using already adhered to-sided tape. Mine do not use the standard H11 bulbs (wich I found disappointing because I couldn't use my already purchased silverstars) instead they came with H1 high and H7 low beam bulbs. They are not HID just Halogen.

On a side note mine havent been installed that long and I have not yet been able to drive at night with them so I really dont know how bright they are just yet.

·
Like a G6
66 Posts
I'm looking to replace my stock headlights with the Eagle Eye Headlights here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2010-PONTIAC-G6-DUAL-CCFL-ANGEL-EYE-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-w-LED-BLACK-/300698701440?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item46030a0e80#ht_4227wt_1163

I have a few questions though before I purchase them. #1. How easy are they to install? I have an '09 GXP Sedan. #2. Are these a good purchase? I've read a lot of good things about them so far, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought. #3. The bulbs that come with it are just normal halogen bulbs, not hids, correct? Lastly, #4. What size HIDS do these headlights take? Are they still the H11 for the lows? Thanks in advance to anyone that e can help out a little!
#1 - Easy, their plug and play. #2 - Yes, their an awesome purchase. I've had no problems with them so far and plenty of comments. #3 - Yes. #4 - IDK this one but the EE bulbs are H7 for the lows, H1 for the highs.

Top link - Since they're not made by sabersport or revotech, I would stay away or email/call and verify they are made by ss or rtech.

Bottom link - broken link

i also have a question about these halos. what additional wiring is needed for the halo rings??
None. They're plug and play.

Heres the post of my install/before and after shots on G6P (more photos than G6OC): http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21992&page=7&p=509718&viewfull=1#post509718

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going with the Saborsport ones. Thanks for all of your help guys. It's greatly appreciated. I have one last question though. Which size HIDS do these Eagle Eyes take? I've seen H1 and H7. Which size is for the lows?

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
thanks guys. do the halos come on with the parking lights, daytime running lamps, or what. how does that all work?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I did a write up on it...here.

I had to make a minor modification to allow it to adjust correctly but overall I have
been very pleased with the headlights.

Cold Cathode FTW!!

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
thank you. So,

-AUX aka parking lights = LEDs & Halos

-DRL = Projectors (The center light), Halos, and LEDs

-and at night = the same as DRL but the orange Aux lights come on as well.

got it. I cant wait for mine to get here!!!!!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Yes..those are them.

Your stock screw adjustment housing contains a set screw.
On these CCFL lights that screw projects from that housing. When you adjust it the
set screw moves in and out. In adjusting it I discovered that the screw hits the
back and pushes the whole light housing up. This will damage it and not allow it to adjust correctly. I just drilled a hole into the metal so the set screw could freely move in and out when adjusting.

·
Registered
474 Posts
From another member...

·
Registered
474 Posts
There was just someone on G6P. If I see any others, I'll let you know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts