Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the Eagle Eye CCFL Halo headlights with the 6000K HID low beams, and it looks AMAZING. My only issue is that at night driving down the highway I can barely see ahead of me. My headlights are aimed so low, my right headlights only aims about 2 perforated lines ahead of me while I drive, and the left one is aimed a little farther down. Do I need to return them or could a mechanic aim them up a little. I don't want my low beams aimed really high up and blinding people, but I would like to be able to see ahead of me at night. I noticed other cars were abel to see at LEAST 5 perforated lines ahead of them while driving, I'd like that too yah know?! What should I do?

·
Registered
911 Posts
theres a gold colored arm that extends out of the assembly that you have to turn with a hex key...that will aim them up or down. i did the "correct" way of aiming headlights (against a wall, on a level surface, etc) and drove around for a while...over the next couple of weeks i pulled over at least twice out on country roads just to aim them a touch higher each time. so far i haven't been flashed and i'm happy with the beam where it is...which is probably as high as i can get it without blinding other drivers. i keep the hex key in my car though just in case i do need to knock in down a little bit.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
theres a gold colored arm that extends out of the assembly that you have to turn with a hex key...that will aim them up or down. i did the "correct" way of aiming headlights (against a wall, on a level surface, etc) and drove around for a while...over the next couple of weeks i pulled over at least twice out on country roads just to aim them a touch higher each time. so far i haven't been flashed and i'm happy with the beam where it is...which is probably as high as i can get it without blinding other drivers. i keep the hex key in my car though just in case i do need to knock in down a little bit.
thiss... also look up a "how to" for drilling out the holes for the adjustment screws so that they sit flush on the bumper. adjusting them causes the screws to push the headlights up on the bottom.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
adjust them like any other headlight may need to be or would be adjusted....just a though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts