Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may be a long post but I had a few questions. I've recently purchased an hid kit from ddm tuning for my stock lows. Now I decided to go ahead and purchase some eagle eyes to go with it. Alright my questions are

1. Does the ddm hid kit work well with the Eagle eyes
2. Is it hArd to install the kit with the eagle eyes headlight? Right now I only wanna do the lo's
3. Since I ordered the h11 hid bulbs I know I have to get the h7 for the eagle eyes. Are the bulbs on the kit hard to switch or is it pretty much plug out and plug in?
4. How hard is this whole setup going to be on a scale of 1-10.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a noob because... Well I kinda am lol but if somebody could help me out with these question I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Ill answer what I can.

2. Will be no harder than any HID install. Just make a hole in the back cover for the wires and insert the bulbs.

3. The bulbs just plug into the ballast, so changing the bulbs is as simple as unplugging them and plugging in the new ones.

4. I would say 5 out of 10 simply because removing the headlight can be a pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill answer what I can.

2. Will be no harder than any HID install. Just make a hole in the back cover for the wires and insert the bulbs.

3. The bulbs just plug into the ballast, so changing the bulbs is as simple as unplugging them and plugging in the new ones.

4. I would say 5 out of 10 simply because removing the headlight can be a pain.
alright thanks so much and yeah I know removing the headlight is hell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The headlights aren't really that hard to remove. I've done it probably ten times now and can get it done in about five minutes. So don't get discouraged! The first time will suck but after that it's cake man.

Best advice. Take your time and do it right the first time. Make sure everything is seated well and the ballasts aren't bouncing around. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been looking to do the same thing I have been looking for a while to find eagle eye halos, and cannot seem to find any. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I got mine for about $300 on carid.com i recommend CCFL Halos from Spyder. they are so much brighter than LED. and if they go out, its a simple fix without removing the headlights to do so. i have had mine for 3 months and get compliments everywhere i go. literally. and what year is ur car? these work for 05-08 http://www.carid.com/2008-pontiac-g6-headlights/spyder-ccfl-halo-projector-headlights-315083.html and the HID kit i have on the way is an H1 bulb set
Hate to break it to you, but those are LED halos, not CCFL. Decent LEDs are significantly better than CCFLs but you have to install them yourself if you want to do that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If looking for Halos... go with Oracle at Aacstyle.com YOu have to remote the housing, and they are extremely the best. and they don't look cheap and small like those you listed. Its what I have and they are definitely more noticeable.

·
Registered
290 Posts
are you sure cause i know a few people that have spyder headlights with LED halos and my halos are significantly brighter and the light is even all they way around where theirs arent

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
hmmm.... Well I guess they could have updated them recently to CCFLs. I'm curious though if they fixed the light output issue, or if it still sucks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The light output is really good on them. And they had to have updated them cause they have separate ones with LED halos and these with CCFL. I did a few side by sides wiith other people who had LED and there is no way these are. SO its good for me that they updated them not too long ago.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Does anyone know what bulb i need for an HID kit on my projector fogs on my 08 base sedan? i have sen 9040 and H11 online and cant figure out which one to get cause i dont have the time to actually look under my car cause of the military keeping me busy

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I just got a set of OEM fog lights. They came with the H11 bulbs and it has H11 stamped on the housing.
I think the 9040 bulbs are for the GXP fog lights.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hmmm.... Well I guess they could have updated them recently to CCFLs. I'm curious though if they fixed the light output issue, or if it still sucks.
The output blows compared to eagle eyes. I bought a set of spyder ccfl's last march. Sold them and bought eagle eyes in November.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts