Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im not going to install just yet cause my hid bulbs havnt come in. i do however plan on taking pics with stock bulbs, 100w replacment bulbs 5000k

and then with the hids.

anyway...few questions

wondering if everyone elses are not uniformly sealed. the inner part is a tad separated...as if they wernt pushed together properly...they seem to be fully sealed but cant help but notice its sticking out a bit.

also...where the hell is this little ballast supposed to go lol? just dangle down? or m3 it to the bottom of the headlight? sure

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yaw?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
mine were fine....I didnt notice that.
I velcro'ed my ballast to the top of the rail. Wire side down.
You can stick it to the bottom of the light as well.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lovely, they must be defective or something. it appears they were not assembled correctly, with that large. ugh. looks like it will likely push out the bumped a cm or so as well with that like that. and possibly leak ugh!

just my luck

does anyone else have a set? could anyone take a look or pic of theirs?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plzz

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got word back from the seller ( sabersport ) i think thats it.

anyway he looked at a bunch of sets and they all appear to have that gap.

im going to go ahead and install once hid bulbs arrive!

·
Registered
13 Posts
where did you get your eagle eye headlights at?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Dav....I noticed that there is 3m tape on the bottom of the ballast and most people have mounted that on the back of the headlight by the turn signal, since its a flat surface. I'm shopping around for these exact halo headlights and I wanted to know if they come with the connector that you can just plug them in to the original headlight connector or if they require extra wiring and sodering??? If so, how'd you hook em up? Thanks

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got mine from ebay, and as far as i know everyone who has them got them off ebay.

you can save some coin if you actually go the bidding way but i just did buy it now

these headlights are direct swap. you can just plug it in. no extra wires, connectors or anything required.

I however installed HIDS - that requires drilling a 7/8th hole in the back of the headlight cap

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Actually I think there is a spot on the bottom of the headlight to mount it to.
I put velcro on it and mounted it to the top of the horn (frame rail).

It will keep it cool. Since one side of it is concave I put that side down so if water got back there it wouldnt stay on it or seep into the ballast via the wires. basically the opposite side of the ballast. One side has the 3M tape and one side has velcro. So it can still be used... Since the wires come out the concave edge side it just makes sense to put that side down.

I have a feeling im not making any sense. but yeah....you can mount it on the light itself or wherever the wires allow it to reach.

·
Registered
441 Posts
very very cool! I have been reading up as much as I can (the review, install, etc) and think I might run with these as well. I have a 4 door same blue color as lampoon my question - do you think the black background would be too much of an offset? I'm color blind so although both look impressive to me I have no judgment haha. Asked the wife and her response was the classic 'i don't care, its your car'

Thanks in advance,
David

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very very cool! I have been reading up as much as I can (the review, install, etc) and think I might run with these as well. I have a 4 door same blue color as lampoon my question - do you think the black background would be too much of an offset? I'm color blind so although both look impressive to me I have no judgment haha. Asked the wife and her response was the classic 'i don't care, its your car'

Thanks in advance,
David
lampoon got silver. him and a few others said the black on blue would look like black eyes lol - car got beat up or w.e

imo...i dont know what i would do. if you have black grilles, black side mirrors...i think it would match fairly well

i see it the exact opposite...i think the g6 has rather big headlights and the silver /chrome looks goofy...im biased tho, i have a black 6...and the chrome stock headlights stood out like a mf and just kills the look of the car from the front end....imo

·
Registered
149 Posts

Thanks in advance,
David
this is the way i see it (not like it matters lol) i went with the black housing pretty much for 1 reason...our stock headlights are already chrome, silver w/e...yes these headlights still stick out even with the chrome(silver whatever you wanna call them) housing but with the black and the white halos and leds its super nice...and the fact that EVERY g6 has chrome headlights so if your rolling around with black headlights ppl are going to know you did something to it...with the chrome the way i see it if you dont have your halos on ppl aent going to take a second look they are going to think its the stock ones...like i said this is just my 2cents the chrome is very nice (dont get me wrong) i would personally go with the black (but thats just me) either way these headlights are a WIN!!!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is the way i see it (not like it matters lol) i went with the black housing pretty much for 1 reason...our stock headlights are already chrome, silver w/e...yes these headlights still stick out even with the chrome(silver whatever you wanna call them) housing but with the black and the white halos and leds its super nice...and the fact that EVERY g6 has chrome headlights so if your rolling around with black headlights ppl are going to know you did something to it...with the chrome the way i see it if you dont have your halos on ppl aent going to take a second look they are going to think its the stock ones...like i said this is just my 2cents the chrome is very nice (dont get me wrong) i would personally go with the black (but thats just me) either way these headlights are a WIN!!!
true true, i didnt mention that. i think the halos on a black background will stand out A LOT more during the day time as well.

I would likely get the chrome if my car was white or silver.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
It depends on what your going for....I think both look good.
Its an obvious upgrade either way.

If you cant decide, I recommend you flip a coin.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think I might end up going towards the black - I still have the stock black grill and mirrors (looking for turn signal mirrors btw) so I think they will mesh together well. Yes - this was decided by a flip of the coin and then rationalized after haha! I'll let you all know w pics asap.

Thank you

·
Registered
149 Posts
fitting none at all...condensation YES...but it was my own fault that mine has that problem i installed them when it was like -20 outside and the minute the ups guy gave me the box i put them on and i seen in the lense that there was alittle bit (i should of let them heat up inside the house before i put them on cause they were frozen when i got them) you can see the condensation in my pics, its not super bad tho...IT DID GO AWAY THO let me add that it got up to like 40 i think it was yesterday and musta heated them up good cause no more condensation now!!! :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.