Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
very very cool! I have been reading up as much as I can (the review, install, etc) and think I might run with these as well. I have a 4 door same blue color as lampoon my question - do you think the black background would be too much of an offset? I'm color blind so although both look impressive to me I have no judgment haha. Asked the wife and her response was the classic 'i don't care, its your car'

Thanks in advance,
David
this is the way i see it (not like it matters lol) i went with the black housing pretty much for 1 reason...our stock headlights are already chrome, silver w/e...yes these headlights still stick out even with the chrome(silver whatever you wanna call them) housing but with the black and the white halos and leds its super nice...and the fact that EVERY g6 has chrome headlights so if your rolling around with black headlights ppl are going to know you did something to it...with the chrome the way i see it if you dont have your halos on ppl aent going to take a second look they are going to think its the stock ones...like i said this is just my 2cents the chrome is very nice (dont get me wrong) i would personally go with the black (but thats just me) either way these headlights are a WIN!!!

· Registered
149 Posts
fitting none at all...condensation YES...but it was my own fault that mine has that problem i installed them when it was like -20 outside and the minute the ups guy gave me the box i put them on and i seen in the lense that there was alittle bit (i should of let them heat up inside the house before i put them on cause they were frozen when i got them) you can see the condensation in my pics, its not super bad tho...IT DID GO AWAY THO let me add that it got up to like 40 i think it was yesterday and musta heated them up good cause no more condensation now!!! :)

· Registered
149 Posts
So I have been watching this thread for a while now... I have been itching to order myself some of these Eagle Eyes! I think I am going to order the chrome ones- as I still want mine to look fairly stock... just with little things that make it look extra special. :)

I have read that a couple of you have put HID's in yours as well, right? I think I want to put some in mine, for at least the low beams, and perhaps the fogs... I have heard high beams aren't good for HID's due to flashing them sometimes... right?

So I'm wondering is the installation of the HID's pretty easy? I have read that a hole may need to be drilled in the dust cover of the back of the lights. I dont totally understand how all the wiring will go, but I'm guessing I will when I see the harness in person... i think it will make much more sense then. I am planning on ordering the 5000k 35 watt kit from DDM.

Also- I have read of a couple people having this problem with their headlights- where the front most corner of the light slips behind the front plastic of the bumper area... It doesn't line up right. (I'm doing a terrible job of describing this) But I have noticed this happen with my Stock headlights- just one of them. One is fine, the other has slipped behind it. It isn't hugely noticeable, but it still bugs me. Anyone have a good fix on this? a way to keep it from happening again?
if your going to put hids in its super easy all you have to do is drill a 7/8 inch hole in the back of the dust guard...and when you actually see the headlight and the hid harness and all, it will all make sense on how the wiring goes...you really cant screw up (for the most part)...sry i cant help you with the headlight sticking out i have heard ppl have had problems with this...i peronally have never even looked at mine close enough to see if mine is doing the same thing lol
(also on ddmtunings website if you go under the techsupport part i beleive there is a how to with pics for the install, and it explains EVERYTHING!!!) just read it and look at the pics and youll be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.