Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
It seems like most of your questions have been answered, but let me throw my two cent in. Both of my headlights are OE stock replacements made by Eagle Eyes. They both have that exact same gap, but I do not have any condensation problems.

That said, just take them for a spin. If you get condensation, at least you know the first thing to look at.

· Registered
25 Posts
So I have been watching this thread for a while now... I have been itching to order myself some of these Eagle Eyes! I think I am going to order the chrome ones- as I still want mine to look fairly stock... just with little things that make it look extra special. :)

I have read that a couple of you have put HID's in yours as well, right? I think I want to put some in mine, for at least the low beams, and perhaps the fogs... I have heard high beams aren't good for HID's due to flashing them sometimes... right?

So I'm wondering is the installation of the HID's pretty easy? I have read that a hole may need to be drilled in the dust cover of the back of the lights. I dont totally understand how all the wiring will go, but I'm guessing I will when I see the harness in person... i think it will make much more sense then. I am planning on ordering the 5000k 35 watt kit from DDM.

Also- I have read of a couple people having this problem with their headlights- where the front most corner of the light slips behind the front plastic of the bumper area... It doesn't line up right. (I'm doing a terrible job of describing this) But I have noticed this happen with my Stock headlights- just one of them. One is fine, the other has slipped behind it. It isn't hugely noticeable, but it still bugs me. Anyone have a good fix on this? a way to keep it from happening again?

· Registered
149 Posts
So I have been watching this thread for a while now... I have been itching to order myself some of these Eagle Eyes! I think I am going to order the chrome ones- as I still want mine to look fairly stock... just with little things that make it look extra special. :)

I have read that a couple of you have put HID's in yours as well, right? I think I want to put some in mine, for at least the low beams, and perhaps the fogs... I have heard high beams aren't good for HID's due to flashing them sometimes... right?

So I'm wondering is the installation of the HID's pretty easy? I have read that a hole may need to be drilled in the dust cover of the back of the lights. I dont totally understand how all the wiring will go, but I'm guessing I will when I see the harness in person... i think it will make much more sense then. I am planning on ordering the 5000k 35 watt kit from DDM.

Also- I have read of a couple people having this problem with their headlights- where the front most corner of the light slips behind the front plastic of the bumper area... It doesn't line up right. (I'm doing a terrible job of describing this) But I have noticed this happen with my Stock headlights- just one of them. One is fine, the other has slipped behind it. It isn't hugely noticeable, but it still bugs me. Anyone have a good fix on this? a way to keep it from happening again?
if your going to put hids in its super easy all you have to do is drill a 7/8 inch hole in the back of the dust guard...and when you actually see the headlight and the hid harness and all, it will all make sense on how the wiring goes...you really cant screw up (for the most part)...sry i cant help you with the headlight sticking out i have heard ppl have had problems with this...i peronally have never even looked at mine close enough to see if mine is doing the same thing lol
(also on ddmtunings website if you go under the techsupport part i beleive there is a how to with pics for the install, and it explains EVERYTHING!!!) just read it and look at the pics and youll be fine

· Registered
25 Posts
if your going to put hids in its super easy all you have to do is drill a 7/8 inch hole in the back of the dust guard...and when you actually see the headlight and the hid harness and all, it will all make sense on how the wiring goes...you really cant screw up (for the most part)...sry i cant help you with the headlight sticking out i have heard ppl have had problems with this...i peronally have never even looked at mine close enough to see if mine is doing the same thing lol
(also on ddmtunings website if you go under the techsupport part i beleive there is a how to with pics for the install, and it explains EVERYTHING!!!) just read it and look at the pics and youll be fine
Good to hear. Planning on placing my order next week. : ) I can't wait!!

One more thing... for those of you who have put HID's in theirs, did you do 35watt or 55watt?

I have been told 55watt would probably be great for the low beams, since they are projector bulbs... but when it comes to normal reflectors, the 55watt's are just overkill. Would this be true even if i put them in the high beams?

Originally I was only going to get HID's for the low beams, but I think I want to do both now- and just make sure I don't flash them at people. :p I'm sure the 35watt would be satisfactory for them... but is there any reason I shouldn't just do 55watt's in the high beams also for an extra $10?

Has anyone had any problem with the heat of the HID's being too much for our light housings?

1,369 Posts
I don't remember seeing it in this thread, but are the eagle eyes H11 like the stock housings, or H1 like the spyders?
They do not use the stock bulbs. One is the H1, I can't remember what the other size is. Look it up on eBay.

· Registered
5 Posts
These would fit my g6 gxp right? I don't see a difference in the front with the exception of my front bumper/grill area...I know there aren't common but I really wanna stand out. And what do you guys think of the black on the carbon metallic gray paint? At this point I think the gxp has a tad too much chrome

· Registered
24 Posts
These would fit my g6 gxp right? I don't see a difference in the front with the exception of my front bumper/grill area...I know there aren't common but I really wanna stand out. And what do you guys think of the black on the carbon metallic gray paint? At this point I think the gxp has a tad too much chrome
My car color is similar to yours and I have the black eagle eyes and they look great. I was torn between the chrome and black but I'm really happy with the black now.

· Registered
638 Posts
i had that problem on my 08GT with the stock lights after a while and i fixed it by elongating the inner mounting hole back towards the engine and pusshed the light forward and tightened the bolt and that made the light line up with the bumper and not tuck behind it if that makes sense

· Registered
25 Posts
i had that problem on my 08GT with the stock lights after a while and i fixed it by elongating the inner mounting hole back towards the engine and pusshed the light forward and tightened the bolt and that made the light line up with the bumper and not tuck behind it if that makes sense
Yeah... I think it kind of makes sense. I may have to try this method out if I have the same problem with my eagle eyes. Thanks for the tip!

· Da.v3
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I got some high wattage pure white replacment bulbs but have yet to bother taking the headlights out again lol

· Registered
25 Posts
I don't mean to hijack and please let me know if I need a new thread...

I need some help deciding which color of Eagle Eyes I should go for. I also think I want to tint my tail lights, so I was thinking black, but it may not look good with the chrome trim around my rims. Any input would be great.

Attachments

1,369 Posts
I don't mean to hijack and please let me know if I need a new thread...

I need some help deciding which color of Eagle Eyes I should go for. I also think I want to tint my tail lights, so I was thinking black, but it may not look good with the chrome trim around my rims. Any input would be great.
Black

· Registered
25 Posts
Black it is! .....

If anyone can link me to a set of black Eagle Eyes available for sale I would greatly appreciate it. I can not find any available for sale. I've emailed what seems to be all of the resellers on ebay to see if they have any in black and I haven't gotten a response...

· MonsterG6
386 Posts
sorry late on the post, i 3m ed mine to the bottom of the headlight, have no issues except need to adjust them again fml..lol i cant see shit at night when going over 60 lol

· Registered
911 Posts
reviving this thread! can anyone tell me if the dustcover from the stock lights will fit on eagle eyes? i don't see the sense of drilling two dust covers when i can sell the stockers with untampered covers...thanks

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.