Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this for several months now, and I cannot recommend it enough. I bought this stuff, hoping it would cover up minor swirl marks or imperfections in the paint like it claims to, and it seems to do a fairly good job with it.

I've used it on both my Firebird and Grand Am GT a couple times, and it's given me a shine unparallel to any other wax I've ever used before.

Tonight, I used a small orbital buffer with this liquid wax on my Grand Am GT, and I went to the store for a gallon of milk afterwards, and some guy came up to me that worked at our local Pontiac dealership and asked if it was a brand new Grand Am GT.

I thought about this for a moment, took it as a compliment, thanked him and said it was a 2000, and went about my business.

I figured, as a salesperson for the Pontiac garage in town, if he couldn't tell the silver paint job pre 01, the radio head unit, or the rims, or, as most obvious, the fact that Grand Am's were only made in coupes for 2005, and they didn't have side badges on the doors anymore.

Oh well, I got sidetracked. Bottom line; if you're looking for a pretty cheap shine and a pretty good water-beader, Eagle One Nano-Wax does a pretty darn good job!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definately does its job. It rained harder then I've EVER seen it rain here today, and it was left uncovered in the rain, and when the storm passed, I went out, dried it off with my chamois, and it looks even better, if that's possible, then when I waxed it.

Silver never looked this good!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree. I've been using the Nanowax for almost a year now, and it does such a great job! I recommended it to a few people. Has anyone tried that Zaino crap I hear about? Just wonder how hard it is to apply/remove/looks/etc. (It's a multi-step process from what I hear?)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zaino, from my knowledge, is some of the best crap out there.

I've recently used NXT wax for a change, and my god, it's amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MHadden said:
I agree. I've been using the Nanowax for almost a year now, and it does such a great job! I recommended it to a few people. Has anyone tried that Zaino crap I hear about? Just wonder how hard it is to apply/remove/looks/etc. (It's a multi-step process from what I hear?)

that zaino crap is one of the best polishes on the market. the process is quite simple, and you have 2 choices.
1. apply z-1, let dry (DO NOT REMOVE IT), then apply z-2 or z-5 directly over the z-1. let dry, then remove. this creates a bond with the surface. now you can add your z-2 or z-5 as often as you wish to maintain a beautiful shine.
2. ues the new product, zfx. mix a few drops with z-2 or z-5 and apply, let dry and remove. apply just z-2 or z-5 as often as you wish.

with either option, you will want to repeat this at least 1-2 per year, depending on your climate. the additional steps you are probably referring to are the steps to bring out the best in your paint and should be done regardless of what product you use.

1. you should wash your car with dish soap (i know people say not too), too remove any wax or other oils on the paint.
2. then claybar it (use plenty lubricant).
3. then wash again with your normal car soap.
4. apply your polish/wax

some people that think zaino is "too hard" or too expensive, will like Tropi-Care products. they are easy to use (your normal product), relatively inexpensive, and a GREAT product.

i would recommend people try zaino or tropicare and see how they like it. especially those with dark colored cars out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nxt

I bought NXT also. It's made by Meguiars. I was happy with the results. Really deepened the red, although that may just be in my head.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you like it now, try putting a few more coats on it.

Let me tell you. I have a silver Grand Am GT (2000) and its hard to make silver shine well.

The last time I waxed it was in July, and it is the shiniest car on the road right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Should I even be waxing it yet? Car was manufactured in 10/05. I wasn't sure when it was appropriate to do the first wax. I was just going to wax the front where the bugs hit, but then I couldn't stop. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
AeonPurdue said:
Should I even be waxing it yet? Car was manufactured in 10/05. I wasn't sure when it was appropriate to do the first wax. I was just going to wax the front where the bugs hit, but then I couldn't stop. :rolleyes:
NXT is great stuff. It lasted about 4 months on my black car through the winter . Wax away, you aren't going to hurt anything. 10/05 is about the last time I waxed. :) If it hasn't cured by this time, it's not going to.

I went for 2 *thin* coats. Thin is key with NXT. Smells good too!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard give it a few months before you wax...not sure why, but just drive safely until then.

I would recommend highly NXT, but also NanoWax. I personally feel NXT is superior in most ways, don't let the bottle turn you off. Its great shit.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I'm going to buy some NXT tonight and try it out for the first time tomorrow. I'm used to using nanowax and thought that it would be hard to beat that wax. We'll find out.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
NXT works well, I think what I need to do is clay the car. the paint feels like sandpaper to the touch. I think if i clay and apply the NXT it will turn out really well. NXT smells good. Think i'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts