Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am looking for a good quality snowboard rack, that can easily be removed. I have an 09 g6 sedan, any input is helpful input! thanks you!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am currently running a thule rack set up. There are other companies such as yakima, rhino racks, etc. I chose the thule, just because of the quality, ease in finding components on ebay and in REI. You can build your own rack on their site. http://www.thule.com/fitguide/index.html?Language=en-US&Market=US

Thule has different styles of racks though. The two options of foot packs (or towers if you will) are the 400XT and the 400XTR. Each of those has a special load bar style associated with them. I chose the 400XTR because it has a channel in the load bar which you can attach the board/ski bunk to without a clamp which adds a little height to the whole assembly. As for the bunks themselves, well that's personal taste you can get the 2 board and 4 skis setup, or you can get the 4 boards and 8 skis. I have the latter, but even then you have a choice between the 92725 and the 92726. The 26 actually slides out over the car, while the 25 is just a fixed mount so you have to reach onto the top of your roof.

Just do some google searching and build rack combinations on a company's site. The picture is of my setup, which MSRP is almost $600, but I did some ebay shopping and maybe paid $400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts