Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Generally youre gonna get what you pay for when it comes to brakes. No way to tell if those are a quality steel or casting, and for the most part ceramic pads are gonna be a step down in performance. Also Id stay away from drilled rotors as they have a tendency to crack. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a kit similar to this for around the same price, maybe a little more. Regardless, after installation and the break-in, I've noticed that my braking performance is awesome. Its a huge step up from oem brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the ones you gave the link too and my friends has them on his 06 v6 and i bought them for my 05 v6 and i was told by a gm dealer the oem rotors are junk and stay away because they warp easy. I read so many forms about the oem how bad they are and they told me i would probably have to replace my rotors and pads again approx in two years if i stay with stock. So i bought these ones and should be here in few days.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Hit summit racing and grab the power stop d/s kits. Not much more expense for brand name parts. Using them for years with no trouble. Excellent stopping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Agreed. D/S rotors do vibrate but the stopping is so much better. Saved me today. Almost rammed a SUV that slammed on breaks to avoid a d****hbag mini that crossed three lanes to catch an exit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
52 Posts
You definitely get what you pay for. I upgraded my front rotors and brakes to the powerstop drilled/slotted ones with ceramic pads early this spring (bought from RockAuto.com). My stopping distance has improved insanely! It has saved me quite a few times already. The only downside is the vibration from them which is a bit noisy but I can deal with it. As well, I am starting to notice some warping when stopping, though my rear rotors are still OEM so they could be the the problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just changed my rotors and pads about a month ago....I purchased them from Autozone, Duralast Rotors were $39.99 ea and Duralast pads were $19.99 for the set....and honestly, i like them, great stopping, no noise or squeakiness, I also replaced the brake hardware such as the pad sliders and pin boot covers and greased every contact point and torqued down the bolts to the proper measurements........Honestly when it comes to brakes, it's about the work you do to it and how you do it, some people just slap on the pads and or rotors and don't bother greasing anything, cleaning or torquing down the bolts the right way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts