Pontiac G6 Forum banner

EFI Live

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  GTPprix 
Huh? That post doesn't say anything about EFI live flashing/reading the P05 because it can't; its not supported. The thread talks about the FACTORY GM dealer software reprogramming it at the end with factory calibrations that's it; "you can check vehicle list on acdelco.com for this box. i know it's not supported, but i am not planning on flashing it with EFIlive. thanks for the info anyway."

Not sure how many ways I can say it, we are the only company that can tune that controller, no aftermarket software supports it.

No and no there is no how to for stuff like this, I have equipment thats worth more than a few G6's new at MSRP LOL

Yeah f-in sucks, I'll just do it the hard way like the audi guys and tap in strait to the PCM. If I fry my PCM atlest I can say I tried. Now I just need a spare PCM to see if I can dump the rom and hex edit.
Uhhhh yeah let us know how that works out...

Also EFI live doesnt support the 06 3.5L, just to correct that before 8 million rumors start again and you guys hound Ross to death.

Well, from the information I have gathered so far it is looking good. I expect to have some good results in the next few weeks but it will take some continued testing. I could get things moving a bit faster, but some people who have more experience in the field are pricks and don’t want to share information with the community. I am hoping I can compose a reliable process that can be put into a tutorial format. Once I have a good foundation, I can share the information with other owners in the community and we can all benefit.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult for some people to let go of the knowledge they possess. We all know knowledge is power and the internet is full of socially inept jackasses who feel better about themselves by running power trips over others. Some people go as far as to derail and discredit your ideas, only to go post them in another forum as their own. Unfortunately we have to circumvent these kinds of people and endeavor to move forward as a group.
Or the internet is full of kids who have no clue of the scope of what they are talking about and expect someone who DOES THIS FOR A LIVING to hand out TRADE SECRETS over the internet for free. I'm curious what information you've "gathered" because if it was as easy as you think it is EFILive and HPT WOULD support this controller lol.

Also I hope this little gem "Some people go as far as to derail and discredit your ideas, only to go post them in another forum as their own." isn't about your BCM idea because I've been programming BCM's for the past 5-6 years and you've programmed what modules so far? If its not about that then I apologize.

I apologize then, sorry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.