Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Eibach lowering kit questions

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  CruisinG6 
#1 ·
So after a ton of searching around and browsing the website I've got a few questions about adding the eibach pro lowering kit. First off will it harm any other part down the road (shocks, etc). And second is there any additional hardware or anything to get? Thanks for the help.

#4 ·
it's a stiffer ride, but they are progressive springs so they'll work like oem springs do. The shocks may wear out sooner because they are now more compressed then usual...
You also won't need any other hardware. Just go in, install them and get alignment.
You will need a spring compressor to do the fronts, the rears are literally just one bolt on each side.

I have the SSC springs for a lower low, but essentially the same.

#7 ·
when you go to their website they have the springs in categories from "ecotec" "sonic/cruize" and "3800" series for grandprixs.. none of the 6's fit into any of those classifactions we'd bottom out like crazy..

01Cav actually bought some cobalt canucks and didn't realize they were for cobalt till the seller told him and he was rubbing and couldn't figure it out...

#8 ·
Hmm crazy. I've always looked at my car and thought the front needed to come down a little more. I just always thought it was because I had the lighter 4 cyl.

But anyways, ZZP was selling them on eBay when I got em. I looked all over the ZZP site and couldn't even find them. I just figured ZZP got their hands on some overstock and were moving it.

I pulled this from SSC's website:

I was surprised to see an option for the Conv't.
Also it's too bad it doesn't make any mention of engine size.

But I can believe you... Since they practically are Canucks, and 01Cav was rubbing then that has to prove it.
I guess having the 2.4 worked out :D

#10 ·
yea I know what your saying, thats why I figured ZZP just got some overstock or something, didn't think it would specific to the 2.4. The ebay listing never mentioned anything on the engine, but I can believe it to be too soft for the V6s.

Also I tried searching around for a set of the vert springs, can't find anyone who actually has em to sell. maybe contacting SSC directly can resolve it?

#14 ·
i was joking about the fued part man lol

The only reason I had a issue with the canucks on the GXP from the cobalt is the extra 800lbs plus that the G6 has on the cobalt. Putting the correct Canuck motorsports springs for the G6 on my car solved the issue.
did you like the ride quality with the right canucks?? ever make it through any winters with them on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.