Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Long time!

So I decided to start working on the car again. I just bought some Eibach lowering springs and have been trying to find an install guide with pictures (Since I'm not to familiar with how to do this). I did replace my brakes/rotors on my own at one point. Just curious if there was maybe a guide somewhere that I couldn't find? Can I jack the car up one wheel at a time and install them that way?

I called around to some shops but they want $300-$400 just to install.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are awesome. I just don't feel 100% comfortable doing it. Afraid I'll mess it up pretty bad or get hurt.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions for me before I do it? How long did it take you guys? I will get an alignment as soon as I get em on.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you can... invest in a quality electric impact (if you don't have a compressor) it'll make removing bolts and compressing the spring a lot easier.
Just pay attention to how it comes apart and put it back together the same way. Take pics if you need to.

There are also spring compressors out there that use u-bolts instead of hooks to hold onto the coils
Like this:

they're a bit safer than the hook type that could slip, though I've never encountered it, and neither has my buddy who has lowered many vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts