Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have around 47k miles on my car. I'm about to put my lower springs on, along with new tires. Should I go ahead and replace the struts while I'm at it? People keep telling me to do so but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
It's a money thing. You can certainly get more miles out the the struts you have, but if you're paying someone to put them on you'll pay for labor again. I had almost 100K on my original struts when I put the springs and KYB struts on.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a money thing. You can certainly get more miles out the the struts you have, but if you're paying someone to put them on you'll pay for labor again. I had almost 100K on my original struts when I put the springs and KYB struts on.
I'm going to do it myself. Got any suggestions on what kind to purchase if I should put them on now?

Not to steal your thread OP, but is it true that lowering springs make the ride bouncy?
Depends on the springs really. The reviews for the ones I have say that it makes it a little more stiff. Closest thing to factory was what I was looking for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts