Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a couple questions as I am looking into lowering springs for my '09 GXP. I wanted to get a general idea of who is using the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs on their G6 and the model of their vehicle, how much they got out of lowering from the standard ride height, and also regarding the alignment kit if it was needed for the rear as well as the front. This would be my first alteration since purchase of the vehicle but wanted to start somewhere that would stand out.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
In general, it will lower the car 1.5" inches on the front and 1.7" on the rear as described by Eibach. You can look at some pictures in the Members Ride area. It provides less wheel gap and a studier ride. The wheels are more tucked. You hug closer to the road so the handling is better. Although it's not proven, but I think it could also improve performance since it doesn't cause the car to lag behind when you punch it (aka the rear dips down and causes the front wheels to lose traction). That's debatable, but that is what I believe. The kit works for all models and trims.

It would be best to get a wheel alignment from your nearest tire shop after getting them put on. You don't need an alignment kit. You could see negative camber in the rear wheels which is fixed by the alignment.

Welcome to your first modification. :) I plan on getting this done sometime soon.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
As long if you rotate your tires every other oil change, your tires will degrade like normal after an alignment.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Hard to do?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Hard to do?
I talked to multiple mechanic friends who said they would need air tools to do it properly. If you don't have the mechanic know-how, then find a friend who can help or just hire someone.

Between the springs and alignment, it will cost around $300. Labor at your local shop would probably run at ~$100.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I just got the Eibach Pro-Kit in the mail today and I'm making sure to piece everything together before I start taking everything apart. I'm searching around for alignment kits and tirerack.com showed these two screws so I wasn't sure exactly what they do. Has anyone else taken a different direction once they have the springs and what else they added in?

·
Registered
916 Posts
u cant adjust the back....at a 1.5" drop I think your tires wont last long.
But it sure looks good!!
Ive always thougt you cant adjust the back but when i got the car aligned after the kit was installed is showed the before and after specs for the camber toe etc. and he was able to reduce the camber in the back. Not enough to make it stock but alot less then it was. And i was suprised becuase i thought it couldnt be adjusted, at all.

And ill need to agree with tup this is the best mod. Its not the same car around corners aftewards. I wish it was the first thing i did.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I want to lower mine too but the winters here are bad. I don't want to do it if i'm im going to have ground clearance issues.

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
We ha e some decent snow fall here in chicago... It can get a touch hairy... I do scrape from time to time.

As for tire wear i have had the springs on for 2 years. About 20,000 miles. No wear issues here. I also did not do an allignment.

As for air tools they help but they are not required. It helps when you are trying to break the top nutof the strut and when you are compressing the springs. Hpwever they are NOT critical to have.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yeah I dont think that lowering it will be an option for me then haha, not with the amount of snow we get here

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Haha i should move to vegas where you are, im sure the roads are much better than up here. I have to appologize to my car when I get home from going anywhere

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with scraping their bumper on the road when you hit a bump or ramp with the Eibach kit? I have 17" rims and the AIT bumper which lowers the front end. I just had the bumper put on a week ago and I have already scrapped the lip 3 times.

Yes I became a careful driver when the bumper was put on. Would the stiffer springs outset the lowering component of the springs so I won't scrap the bumper more? You have to consider that the rear will be lowered a little more than the front, so it will not actually drop the front by 1.5, but more like 1.3 inches.

Any one have any experience or tips on this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The roads out in Las Vegas are nice.. you only need to watch for flooding when it rains but other than that I enjoy going out there as a getaway.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I just wanna live somewhere where it's warm and roads are smooth and you can drink in the streets haha

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.