Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2008 Pontiac G6 coupe, and the driver side lock button ,and side mirrors do not work. Also the sunroof switch doesn't work to include the remote. What should I do to fix these problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently purchased a 2006 GTP Coupe with similar issues. These are apparently common problems with the G6. The switches wear out but they are easy to find and replace. I ordered a mirror switch from Amazon and watched the Youtube video of how to replace it. I may have to eventually replace the trunk switch in the driver's door. It still works, but I have to press it multiple times for it to work. Amazon has the trunk switch, too. So far my sunroof works fine, but other owners here have had issues. The remote controls wear out, too. The trick is simply to order another one from Amazon and switch out the circuit boards between the old and new remote. It is the button contacts that wear out so this switcheroo saves you the hassle of having the new remote programmed to your particular car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts