Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Intake-Supercharger-Kit-Turbo-Chip-Performance-/271153858354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2008|Make:Pontiac|Model:G6&hash=item3f22078732&vxp=mtr

Im new to this brand of car and i was just wondering if anyone had even put or used an electric supercharger or turbo in their car and how it turned out. i really don't want to pour money into this project and have it be a waste of money. i feel like this wouldn't be a bad electric supercharger. Also i have the g6 2.4l motor. so that's the main reason i want this upgrade. i need a little more get up and go for the time being. i plan on buying a real one but this would be a good place holder if recommended by any one.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Dont waste your money... take that $170 and save it towards a real supercharger

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That's a great way to waste money and lean out ur engine.

You would need A LOT more volume of air than anything electric can really handle, plus once your making boost you can't just get in and drive or you'll destroy the motor, tuning will be required to handle any amount of boost.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
There's a good video on YouTube describing how this doesn't work. I'll see if I can find a link.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
haha that was a pretty great video. Explained perfectly why these don't work too.
If only I had a bunch of extra cash, oh the projects...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what are some upgrades i can make to the car to add a little extra hp? i know i can change the spark plugs and upgrade the air filter. but after that, im not quite sure.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
2.4 eh? You can start with an intake and tune, any intake with a diameter larger than 2.5" around the MAF will throw a check engine light, there's a MAF adapter you can buy with inserts to make it work, or you can go the route I did and get a tune to solve the intake and gain HP from higher octane fuel.

It's also the same motor used in the Cobalt SS. So there are also performance cams available, headers, supercharger kits, turbo kits, even internal parts if you want a serious build.

There isn't too much available for the modder on a budget, Mainly intake, exhaust and tune and you'll be pretty good. With just my intake and tune I have pretty strong acceleration and keep up with the big engine cars under normal driving conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts