Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Pontiac G6 GT is having a major problem. I was recently on a long trip and after getting back the battery is draining on it's own... leave the car sit for a couple hours and it's dead! jump it, drive for awhile and park it with enough chanrge to instantly restart ( with in 10-20 mins) it but leave it sit for awhile and it goes dead again! Took it to the dealership and they said it was the battery (for 260 bucks they were able to tell me that!) I replaced the battery and it was still doing it! all of a sudden it went away and worked fine for 2 months, then it all of a sudden started up again! nothing is staying on that I can see but something is definitely draining the battery... took it to auto zone and they hooked it up and said the charging system is fine so it's not that so I am out of ideas... Anybody got any???

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 06 Pontiac G6 GT is having a major problem. I was recently on a long trip and after getting back the battery is draining on it's own... leave the car sit for a couple hours and it's dead! jump it, drive for awhile and park it with enough chanrge to instantly restart ( with in 10-20 mins) it but leave it sit for awhile and it goes dead again! Took it to the dealership and they said it was the battery (for 260 bucks they were able to tell me that!) I replaced the battery and it was still doing it! all of a sudden it went away and worked fine for 2 months, then it all of a sudden started up again! nothing is staying on that I can see but something is definitely draining the battery... took it to auto zone and they hooked it up and said the charging system is fine so it's not that so I am out of ideas... Anybody got any???

I have a 06 Pontiac G6 GT that is having the same problem as you described. I was just curious if you found out what was draining the battery and/or how you fixed it, if you did?

·
Registered
195 Posts
check to see if you have the dash board lights turned on all the way ... they will stay on even if you turn the car off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts