Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am about a year ago and now I have a 2008 Pontiac G6. Is it normal for the car to struggle to stay on when opening or closing more than one window at a time? I have had the same problem with both cars and can't figure out what the deal is.:confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Struggling?

It's normal for cars to have a bit of a dip in lighting when rolling windows up or down. For example, every car I have ever driven has had the headlights or interior lights dim a bit when using the power windows, especially doing all 4 at once. The simple solution: don't do all the windows at once.

If the car actually revs the engine or nearly stalls, then that is a problem that should be looked at. GM cars do seem to make more of a fuss when using the windows compared to some others, but I have never felt the car was actually about to die on me. It seems like it might be related to the OEM AC Delco battery. My Grand Am stopped dimming when I popped in a brand new Optima Redtop battery.

I had a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am about a year ago and now I have a 2008 Pontiac G6. Is it normal for the car to struggle to stay on when opening or closing more than one window at a time? I have had the same problem with both cars and can't figure out what the deal is.:confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
hmmm ... it's normal for a car to drop RPMs while you're putting the windows down (especially all at once) but struggling to stay on seems like a problem ... sounds like a bad sensor to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts