Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting the emblem overlay for the front and back emblems. I'm debating between white, purple and black. Does anybody have any of these colors so I could see what they look like? This website (http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop.php?part=G6GT1) does not show all of the colors, and I'd like to see what those three colors look like.

I'm also interested in doing the handle overlays. This would be my very first modification on my car. I want to add a spoiler, some interior changes, and possibly head/tail lights and rims in the future. But I'm starting small since I'm new at this! My boyfriend has been modifying his Jeep so I've got the itch to start mine!

Any other suggestions on colors for overlays are welcome!

Here's my car:

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
this is definitely the place to find mods for your car. i think between here and G6performance.com about everything has been thought of lol the overlays are a nice starting point. i just completely blacked out my front one and removed all badging off the back. i honestly haven't seen any handle overlays yet that anyones done on thier 6 but ive seen them on other cars and they look good. i personally like the black and white color scheme but to each thier own. also ive concentrated a lot on interior and appearance mods so take a look at my progression for some ideas

good luck :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is definitely the place to find mods for your car. i think between here and G6performance.com about everything has been thought of lol the overlays are a nice starting point. i just completely blacked out my front one and removed all badging off the back. i honestly haven't seen any handle overlays yet that anyones done on thier 6 but ive seen them on other cars and they look good. i personally like the black and white color scheme but to each thier own. also ive concentrated a lot on interior and appearance mods so take a look at my progression for some ideas

Cool, thanks!

·
Car audio freak
14 Posts

What did you put over your chrome?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Legend
782 Posts
Black vinyl. The whole thing is just vinyl. I didn't buy overlays or anything.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the matte black ones. Really hard to apply. Anyone have any tips on applying them?

I photoshopped the bottom pic to see what the star would look like covered also.

Which do you prefer? I think I like the star silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like the star better.. And when I applied, get the area you're putting them on wet, and position it on the wet surface, then when you have them where you want them, smooth it out, and let it sit out in the heat/sun and it will dry onto where you want it.

·
Legend
782 Posts
I just had a local vinyl shop do mine. Charged me 10 bucks installed. So a good price for not having to do it myself. Can also be done yourself with some vinyl a heat gun or hairdryer and a blade.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the star better.. And when I applied, get the area you're putting them on wet, and position it on the wet surface, then when you have them where you want them, smooth it out, and let it sit out in the heat/sun and it will dry onto where you want it.
Where did you get yours from?

I feel like when I peeled the vinyl off the paper that it already started to become stretched before I even got to put it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts