Pontiac G6 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Somebody just sent a question to me on this issue and I realized I don't think I posted the end result. I went back in my email(s) and got the conversation I had with a person. (2012) Hope this helps anyone still wrestling with this issue. Mark

Hi Kevin,
It was pretty frustrating. I even changed the throttle body thinking that would fix it. The end result was the main ECM. I usually never suspect this component should be changed but that was the culprit in my case. It is very easy to get at (near the battery) but you have to get the dealer to change it because they upload the data from the old one and flash the new. I would recommend you buy the module separate, NOT from the dealer. I got mine from Pace performance in Niles OH. 800-748-3791. I spoke with Mark Lucicosky. At the time, the list was $414.40. They sold it for $267.87. The dealer should charge you no more than 1Hr labor to flash and install. Any GM dealer can do it. I never had a problem since. GM had a recall for a group of these ECM's. Mine was not listed but I think it should have been. I hope this helps. I'm curious how you make out.
Mark

Thanks for the quick response Mark I also was leaning towards the throttle body after reading the posts and haveing the u0107 code but i also have the p0601 and p0606 codes so was really unsure which way to go but now i think i will just replace the ECM and hope it works as well for me as it did for you. I was also thinking about haveing the dealer reflash the Ecm that is in it now but dont really want to pay for it twice if it doesnt work. I have checked all the electrical conections to the ecm and throttle body and no corrosion at all so yes this is a frustrating problem and i will let you know how i make out but it will probably take me a little while to order it and get it to the dealer to flash or reprogram it. I will call the number you sent because i think thats cheaper than rockauto,com . Did you keep the car after and is it still fine? Thanks again for your help

Hey Mark just thought i would let you know it was the PCM/ECM on my car too. I got lucky though i found a guy in Ohio that has refurbished ones and you give him your Vin number and it comes all programed for your vehicle except for the anti theft which he sends instructions on how to reset that to the new pcm and it worked like a charm and for only $120. Again thanks for your help. If you ever need any assistance with any other problems feel free to contact me i have been doing mechanical work for years just not a registered mechanic but have been through alot of issues with many different vehicles over the years and have been able to figure most of them out without haveing to hire someone but on this one i was leaning towards the throttle body also and you saved me money by letting me know what solved your problem. Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resolved! I found the smoking Gun!

I finally found what was wrong! I am amazed that there have been so many people with this exact problem but there has been no post or other information on how it was resolved. I had to do it the hard way.

So did you need a new

·
Registered
2 Posts
Somebody just sent a question to me on this issue and I realized I don't think I posted the end result. I went back in my email(s) and got the conversation I had with a person. (2012) Hope this helps anyone still wrestling with this issue. Mark

Hi Kevin,
It was pretty frustrating. I even changed the throttle body thinking that would fix it. The end result was the main ECM. I usually never suspect this component should be changed but that was the culprit in my case. It is very easy to get at (near the battery) but you have to get the dealer to change it because they upload the data from the old one and flash the new. I would recommend you buy the module separate, NOT from the dealer. I got mine from Pace performance in Niles OH. 800-748-3791. I spoke with Mark Lucicosky. At the time, the list was $414.40. They sold it for $267.87. The dealer should charge you no more than 1Hr labor to flash and install. Any GM dealer can do it. I never had a problem since. GM had a recall for a group of these ECM's. Mine was not listed but I think it should have been. I hope this helps. I'm curious how you make out.
Mark

Thanks for the quick response Mark I also was leaning towards the throttle body after reading the posts and haveing the u0107 code but i also have the p0601 and p0606 codes so was really unsure which way to go but now i think i will just replace the ECM and hope it works as well for me as it did for you. I was also thinking about haveing the dealer reflash the Ecm that is in it now but dont really want to pay for it twice if it doesnt work. I have checked all the electrical conections to the ecm and throttle body and no corrosion at all so yes this is a frustrating problem and i will let you know how i make out but it will probably take me a little while to order it and get it to the dealer to flash or reprogram it. I will call the number you sent because i think thats cheaper than rockauto,com . Did you keep the car after and is it still fine? Thanks again for your help

Hey Mark just thought i would let you know it was the PCM/ECM on my car too. I got lucky though i found a guy in Ohio that has refurbished ones and you give him your Vin number and it comes all programed for your vehicle except for the anti theft which he sends instructions on how to reset that to the new pcm and it worked like a charm and for only $120. Again thanks for your help. If you ever need any assistance with any other problems feel free to contact me i have been doing mechanical work for years just not a registered mechanic but have been through alot of issues with many different vehicles over the years and have been able to figure most of them out without haveing to hire someone but on this one i was leaning towards the throttle body also and you saved me money by letting me know what solved your problem. Thanks Kevin
Who did you find I’m in Ohio need one I was thinking of Just going to Flagship1 for $150 it comes ready

41 - 43 of 43 Posts