Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,I have a 06 g6 gtp 3.9 liter automatic,no drive on take off? Manual shift have to take off in 2nd hard shift to 3rd an 4th smooth even goes on into drive,if u slow down in drive won't pull anymore? An if you stay in manual shift as u go to stop it will jolt into low gear an throw u forward? No leaks can't get code to pull up ?help

·
Registered
342 Posts
These are the symptoms I had when the first gear band broke.
You may need a transaxle...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Was told it could be cooler lines under screen in pan cracked? Not holding pressure enuff to shift? I replaced all trans mounts an engine mount? Then the hard shift started,hard went to no drive,but can manual shift all way up from 1st to 4th then drive?i

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty sure that if internal lines are cracked you only have reverse . If no codes I doubt the solenoids have failed . That leaves failed clutches .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,I have a 06 g6 gtp 3.9 liter automatic,no drive on take off? Manual shift have to take off in 2nd hard shift to 3rd an 4th smooth even goes on into drive,if u slow down in drive won't pull anymore? An if you stay in manual shift as u go to stop it will jolt into low gear an throw u forward? No leaks can't get code to pull up ?help
Just had this issue on my 2006 G6 GT. Mechanic replaced all shift solenoids the first time, & 6 months later the valve body & 1st & 2and shift solenoid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts