Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the only owner of a 2007 G6 Pontiac 2.4L (123,600 odometer miles). The car would stop running at red signal lights, but would easily start up again (the engine is very quiet). When accelerating on to the highway, it would hesitate and seemingly begin to lose power, but would eventually overcome the stalling with consistent pumping of the gas peddle. It also has a sound almost like a fog horn/hollow vacuum upon initial acceleration.

I have had all of the sensors replaced, a new catalytic converter, and a new timing chains replaced; but still, the engine light keeps popping back on again. My next thing that I am thinking about doing is getting a complete engine diagnostic test at an authorize dealership or replacing the computer.

If anyone else has had this problem, I welcome any information that would help bring about a solution to my problem. I love my car and would like to keep her, at the least, another 5 years!!!😊

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am the only owner of a 2007 G6 Pontiac 2.4L (123,600 odometer miles). The car would stop running at red signal lights, but would easily start up again (the engine is very quiet). When accelerating on to the highway, it would hesitate and seemingly begin to lose power, but would eventually overcome the stalling with consistent pumping of the gas peddle. It also has a sound almost like a fog horn/hollow vacuum upon initial acceleration.

I have had all of the sensors replaced, a new catalytic converter, and a new timing chains replaced; but still, the engine light keeps popping back on again. My next thing that I am thinking about doing is getting a complete engine diagnostic test at an authorize dealership or replacing the computer.

If anyone else has had this problem, I welcome any information that would help bring about a solution to my problem. I love my car and would like to keep her, at the least, another 5 years!!!😊
Do get the diagnostic first. Do not replace ecu. They rarely fall. Has anyone suggested your ignition switch and theft deterrent module.
Good luck
Convertme

1 - 2 of 2 Posts