Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the problem is but my engine light comes on and stays when I turn the car on and its not running. When I turn on the ignition the light disappears...the car is an 08 g6 gt 3.5 L and seems to be running fine. My A/C possibly has a loose wire as I must hit my dashboard to get it to start up most times but I don't see how that could cause the check engine light..please let me know if this is normal or what my problem could possibly be.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The check engine light will always be on if you put the car in the ON position without starting. That's considered a bulb check. If ever that light is off when the key is on and the engine isn't running, then you have a problem. Usually no communication with the ECU in that case.

What's happening is normal operation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks a bunch guys, I just bought this car a month ago and was worried I'd already have to be dumping money into the engine what a relief.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
No problem, if there's ever any doubt you can always take it to autozone and they'll scan it for codes for free. you'll likely have no codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts