Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 G6 GTP

My engine bounces around a lot, shakes the car back and forth. I did have a cylinder misfire that I fixed with coil pack replacement. I also had a P0017 code, referring to the timing chain being misaligned (could also mean faulty timing chain sensor). I assumed the bouncy engine was from this code, but the code disappeared randomly.

So I have no trouble codes now, check engine light is off, and I still have a bouncy engine.

Any suggestions mates?

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
2007 G6 GTP

My engine bounces around a lot, shakes the car back and forth. I did have a cylinder misfire that I fixed with coil pack replacement. I also had a P0017 code, referring to the timing chain being misaligned (could also mean faulty timing chain sensor). I assumed the bouncy engine was from this code, but the code disappeared randomly.

So I have no trouble codes now, check engine light is off, and I still have a bouncy engine.

Any suggestions mates?
Sounds like you have one or more bad engine/transmission mounts. As I recall, on my 07 G6 with the 3.5, there is an engine mount on the passenger end down on the frame rail, and a damper above that. On the driver's end, there's a transmission mount on the frame rail, and 2 more mounts fore and aft of the engine near the bell housing. These last two control how much the engine rocks when you put it in gear or get on the gas. I'd bet both are bad. If you've been driving it this way for a while, the other mounts may be worn out as well.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

I had the p0017 code return. I replaced both the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. This change brought about new codes: p0340 and p0365. My next move would be to replace the wiring for these sensors.

Anybody have better advice other than wiring replacement?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts