Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before everyone starts jumping on my case, I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of anyone doing an engine swap on their g6 for something beefier. I know all the complications possible but still just curious.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I have seen several claims of people who said they were going to do it but havent ever seen it done.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
too much time, money, troubleshooting, problems with tranny. So just ask the question, it is worth 40-50 hp? or cheaper to buy GTO?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think a variety of factors are at work here. As a old school, or realy new old school, gear head here is my take. I should also state that I have put a small black and a big block into an S10 pick and S10 blazer. I ahave also built hot rods, old muscle cars and welded drag car frames so I have some knowledge in this area.

The first thing is its a FWD transversly mounted motor. Next issue is small engine bay. I have the 3.6 and it looks like its shoehorned in there pretty good. Then you run into issues with mating up a tranny, not killing the tranny with all kinds of power. The other thing is the small not so obvious stuff that comes into play. Things like beefier suspension, esp. up front with the added weight AND the added power. Also added power means you need beefier breaking system. The other issue is things like fuel delivery...not having investigated that situation i can not say if the stock fuel pump is up to supplying a larger motor like the LS3 or LS9 etc... Then you ahve the issue of needed a custom computer/trans computer and all the wiring and BS that goes with that.

I think if I were to do a swap I would try to get a turbo 3.8 motor in there from a GNX or T Type.

I think the best we can hope for is some kind of turbo/supercharger type mod. I think its Lingenfelter(sp?) that has a prototype of a supercharger for the Camaro 3.6....so maybe we can hope that ina few years , given the demand, we get an app for the G6.

'Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts