Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to pontiac g6 i have a gtp and i was wondering if u couldnt find mods for it could u swap another motor like GXP? or COBALT SS or would it be just to expensive and useless ?

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
It def could get expensive. My plan is to win millions playing the lottery, make the G6 a project car, drop an LS1 in it, and watch the shocked faces of the people i destroy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It def could get expensive. My plan is to win millions playing the lottery, make the G6 a project car, drop an LS1 in it, and watch the shocked faces of the people i destroy.
lol, that's my dream every night... except in my dreams it is LS3

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Expensive and useless. The money is better spent saved up so you can trade in your G6 for a GTO.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Expensive and useless. The money is better spent saved up so you can trade in your G6 for a GTO.
Anyone can buy a GTO. Sometimes you just want something unique, that no one else has done.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anyone can buy a GTO. Sometimes you just want something unique, that no one else has done.
Exactly. See I have an 07 3.5l auto 4 spd and I'm seriously thinking about doing a swap for the 3.9 and 6 spd manual. Would that even be possible? I could purchase the motor and tranny and other stuff needed to perform the swap I could just turn around and sell my current set up to make up some of the $$$ spent on my upgrade. So would it be possible to swap the 3.5 auto with the 3.9 6spd manual?

Also Im hoping there is a way I can put that F40 manual in my car with the 3.5 I have. Would the f40 tranny mate up to the 3.5l since the sport trim has the same motor setup it's just manual. That would suffise for now until I figure out how I'm gonna get that 3.9l in my car.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I can see where you are coming from. I just didn't know if you were looking for performance or something unique. Of course, why else would we mod our cars if we didn't want them to be unique? :p

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
I can see where you are coming from. I just didn't know if you were looking for performance or something unique. Of course, why else would we mod our cars if we didn't want them to be unique? :p
True

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if you really have knowledge about a g6 why would you even waste time making such a statement as that? The 5.7L LS1 will not fit in the G6 engine compartment. The better alternative would be to try the 5.3L V8 from the Grand Prix GXP. So again if you've been under the hood of a G6 tell me how you would make it fit to components it has no way to fit. That as dumb as saying you want to put a 4 banger in a damn peterbilt ?‍♂???

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if you really have knowledge about a g6 why would you even waste time making such a statement as that? The 5.7L LS1 will not fit in the G6 engine compartment. The better alternative would be to try the 5.3L V8 from the Grand Prix GXP. So again if you've been under the hood of a G6 tell me how you would make it fit to components it has no way to fit. That as dumb as saying you want to put a 4 banger in a damn peterbilt ?‍♂???
The fact you had no idea means you need to listen to your friends that actually know about vehicles more often while they talk rather then just hear about a strong motor and think you can put it into any car ??? what's next? A lawnmower motor on your go kart?? Lmao bro you cant even get a supercharger or turbo to fit under the hood of this vehicle so you claim all together was a complete waste of everyone's time. Don't comment on things you have no clue about. If you want to act like you have answers to questions at least google it and check your facts before you give advice that's someone thinks is legit and waste they're money and time. Think first. It's better to stfu then to feed people bs advice. Honestly not trying to be an @$$ by no means. Just being real.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you want to swap an LS engine into a G6, the FWD LS4 would provide the best chance for a fit. (People have been swapping that into Fieros for quite a few years now, using the associated 4T65E or the F40.)
DOD is easily disabled, and all the good pieces (intakes, etc.) will pretty much bolt right on. It already has the "good" heads.
Whether it will fit into a G6 is pretty much of a crapshoot, however. The 3.5 and 3.9 pretty much fill the bay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To address some of the earlier posts...
The 3.9 will fit anywhere the 3.5 (LZ4 or LZE) does. They are essentially the same block. For all practical purposes, most any 60 degree V6 will fit in the G6. (Engine management is a whole 'nother issue.)
The F40 from a 3.9 will bolt to ANY 60 degree V6 that has ever been made, back to the early 80s 2.8s. They all use the "GM Metric" bolt pattern. (There will be balancing issues with anything before 88 or so. Not that most people would care.)
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s my plan as well. Gonna take a drivetrain from a g8 gxp part out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts