Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm having a problem with my 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan. I was driving it yesterday and I was having some very strange problems. The headlights would dim, the traction control system was going crazy like it couldn't determine whether the wheels were slipping or not, the security light was on solid, and the car was making a weird sound. I tried to start it today and now nothing happens. When the key is inserted and you try to crank it over, the car's electrical system will come on and the odometer reads "error" as well as the message center saying to have the TCS looked at. After reading the owners manual for the car, I found a section where it said try using another key as the key's built in chip may be malfunctioning. I've tried that and no luck. I've checked the alternator and battery as well. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
take that damn thing right to the dealership. clearly not a minor issue lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far they're saying it was a "ripped" battery cable causing all the issues and due to being ripped it may not be covered under warranty...yeah right. It also took them 4 hours to discover this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far they're saying it was a "ripped" battery cable causing all the issues and due to being ripped it may not be covered under warranty...yeah right. It also took them 4 hours to discover this.
HOLY CRAP!!! That happened to you too?! That happened to me just last week, I also have a 2009 G6 GT sedan. Had it towed to the dealership (FOR FREE, thank you USAA insurance) and the wrenches hooked up their little highspeed computer thing and told me that for some reason my car and the computer "werent communicating". After waiting for 2 hours I got fed up and demanded a rental car (which I also got FOR FREE!! Thank you again USAA) They called me back to the dealership that day, like 5 hours later. Told me that some ground wire that ran to my transmission had frayed, and caused my battery to short out. I'm calling bullshit because just like yours my electronics were working fine. I wound up having to pay $220 to get my car back. The shop was very clean and professional but something just doesnt smell right...

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you had happened to hae buried it in a snow bank or something you may have tore it, it happened to me, thankfully I had jacked the car up and seen it frayed for the grounding point on the transmission. It is a real problem to deal with, it is just the way that it is set on there, weird ass sounding problem but vrey real indeed. best way is to just mk ake oit stronger and not plow through snow banks if you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't hit anything with mine. All of a sudden the electronics just went goofy when I was driving down the road. At first my headlights would flicker on/off, gauges would go dead then come back, and dummy lights were going crazy. After I got to where I could turn the car off, it wouldn't start again. In the interim of this happening, I hadn't hit a pothole, there wasn't any snow here at the time, and I hadn't driven over any rough terrain that could have caught on the cable. All I know is that if it happens again I've got a service record of the problem at a dealership and they can try to fix it again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah i figured all the snow we've been having lately was to blame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.