Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys recently i changed my engine in my 2006 g6 gt coupe because of a hydro lock and a rod comming out through my block. i got it back and the check engine light was on so i carried it to be scanned and i got these two error codes.
P0056: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0060: HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 2
i am normally good with correcting check engine lights but i have never seen these two in my life and dont have a clue where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated. the car does not act strange in any way. except for sometimes when i am running the ac and when i turn the car off the fans run for maybe a minute or so after the car is turned off but only does this occasionally since i got it back. the engine is a 3.5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guy who i let do the swap doesnt have a clue what bank means. can you describe it to me a bit more i know alot about cars and i should be able to locate it and correct the problem on my own

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Bank 2 is the engine head with the cylinders 2, 4 & 6. It's the bank closest to the radiator. Follow that manifold pipe down to the bank 2 cat. Just after that cat in the exhaust stream is the O2 sensor. The sensor has a wire harness. I'm guessing it's connector is just unplugged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts