Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP 3.6 L car won’t start says error on Odometer won’t even crank ran the night before went out to start the next morning not even a crank the needles jump then go back to zero and that’s itThe security lights not on the check engine lights on but it has been for a while any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
First thing I would say is check your battery contacts for oxidization and clean them. When did you buy the battery last? Then if you can, find out if your alternator still has output, I would wager it's the alternator or starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have checked the battery, and it’s only a couple months old. I took it to a garage to be hooked up and they said they couldn’t get any communication with it that they must be a wire disconnected but I can’t find any so I don’t know what else to do

·
Registered
480 Posts
If it were me I would suspect a blown fuse that was powering something important. I would check the fuses individually with an ohm meter or some other tester. If you find a blown fuse you might also consider that they usually blow for a reason. Make sure you only replace with the correct amp rating and if it blows again you will need to dig deeper into why.
Another option you may want to consider is that the big multi pin connectors on the BCM (and possibly the ECU) have been shown to have connectivity issues that cause problems. Applying dielectric grease generously to the holes on the connector where the pins go in (spread it an push some into the pin holes with your finger) has been known to improve the situation. From what you describe I would be thinking fuses first. Just my thinking, clearly it could be pretty much anything at this stage.

Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 and seem to be having the same issue. The battery is only 4 months old.
I am also having the odo say "Error" as well as the screen above the radio state "Service airbag, Service TCS, and Service power steering"

I tried jumping it at first thinking something had just drained the battery. It did start up but when I turned it off 5 min later it never restarted. Since then I have been checking fuses/relays and looking through forums to see if there was someone else having the same issues. I even went to LKQ found another ecm and did the steps to program the key to it. Still nothing. Any help or even direction to someone that can help would be super appreciated.
If I figure something out I will be sure to come back and let you all know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts