Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My son's 08 G6 will not start or even try to turn over. It shows error on odometer after all needles have swung on the cluster.I searched the forum for solutions and tried some to no avail. Borrowed a diagnostic tool from a friend and it showed the following... lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module "A". Also want to add that battery shows only 9 volts at terminals + neg. cable is a bit loose connecting to battery. Will a low battery cause this lost communication thing? Or is it likely that it is the battery and something else also. Hope someone can help as he and his wife have a brand new baby and just bought the car 4 or 5 months ago so they would have something dependable. Car only has 46000 miles. Thank you !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we got a new battery as the old one was shot. However, it did not solve the problem. Still nothing and swinging needles and error on odometer. Advice on next step? New PCM? Grounds seem ok. Tried swapping little modules in fuse box. Tried shifter in park and neutral. Wadda ya guys think?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer! Ok...forgive my ignorance. How or who do you get to program the PCM and why the vin and all that? And...a CASE relearn? Huh? Please explain.
Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will double check a few more grounds. Still don't knoe what a CASE relearn is. Any one want to explain. All the electronic gizmos gives me a headache sometimes. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
greenman,
Thank you for all the info! I'm sorry I have not gotten back to the discussion until now as I work 12 hour shifts Thurs. thru Sunday. I will process all the info you gave me. The engine in the car is a 6 cylinder. Thank you and I'll be back!
Neb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts