Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my ECM replaced by dealer, car was shifting hard, then a new code P0014 and engine light on, then replaced Exhaust solenoid and intake vvt, this fixed the hard shift and engine light went away.
Two days later, I got the same ERROR in odometer, Power Steering displayed on panel, Low Fuel, turned car off, wouldnt start, let set 15 min. started, the next time it happened, it wouldnt start at all. Disconnected battery for 3 hours, car ran fine for 4 days. The warnings have returned and now each time it happens we have to disconnect battery to get it to start again. We have checked the battery and it is fine.
Any suggestions?
Someone mentioned that it could be ignition switch? What do you all think or advise we do at this point?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my ECM replaced by dealer, car was shifting hard, then a new code P0014 and engine light on, then replaced Exhaust solenoid and intake vvt, this fixed the hard shift and engine light went away.
Two days later, I got the same ERROR in odometer, Power Steering displayed on panel, Low Fuel, turned car off, wouldnt start, let set 15 min. started, the next time it happened, it wouldnt start at all. Disconnected battery for 3 hours, car ran fine for 4 days. The warnings have returned and now each time it happens we have to disconnect battery to get it to start again. We have checked the battery and it is fine.
Any suggestions?
Someone mentioned that it could be ignition switch? What do you all think or advise we do at this point?
2007 Pontiac G6 2.4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could be the master harness... i have the same problem, started happening right after a flood in my town... check ur grounds, BOTH fuse boxes and check your alternators performance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since the battery is new and the odo shows error, then your PCM is likely done, It's located in front of the battery box in plain view in the engine compartment, I suppose you can try to:
Disconnect the battery, Unplug all the connectors from the module, and try to clean both the plugs on the wires and the module, once it's all dry, reconnect and then reconnect the battery. if that still doesn't do it then you need a new PCM.

If you get a new one you'll need to have the PCM programmed with the VIN for your vehicle for it to work, and if it's a new unit it may require a CASE relearn in the future.
Would you be able to get a PCM from a pull a parts place, install it into your G6 & have it work without too much fuss or costing me too much money? Im really not exactly sure what a PCM does or whyis it causing so many problems for G6 owners? Any idea how much a new one costs & if there is any possible way too bypass it??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
My son's 08 G6 will not start or even try to turn over. It shows error on odometer after all needles have swung on the cluster.I searched the forum for solutions and tried some to no avail. Borrowed a diagnostic tool from a friend and it showed the following... lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module "A". Also want to add that battery shows only 9 volts at terminals + neg. cable is a bit loose connecting to battery. Will a low battery cause this lost communication thing? Or is it likely that it is the battery and something else also. Hope someone can help as he and his wife have a brand new baby and just bought the car 4 or 5 months ago so they would have something dependable. Car only has 46000 miles. Thank you !!
Been working on a 2007 g6 for 2 weeks had same issues replaced bcm ecm ignition no luck...just figured it out!could find a solution on the forums but a lot of people have this issue,error on dash no crank no start scanning tool read loss of communication.
The ground to the tcm is located on top of bell housing the factory solder the wires to an I loop tested good at first but there is actually a few grounds that are hard to see unless you disconnect...broken ground was the solution
Muffler man Fenton rd flint mi

21 - 26 of 26 Posts