Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my pos pontiac to the dealer yesterday to have it looked at. I DO NO TRUST MY DEALER. I caught them lying to me before on other parts that they said needed fixed and didn't. Anyhow...

I have the infamous check gas cap light and its making my check engine light go off. I was told I now need a Evap Canister and it will cost me 387 dollars to fix. Can someone tell me why this is not covered on the federal emissions warranty? My car is a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT with 62k. I took a look at the Federal Emissions Warranty and it states that the canister along with the Solenoid parts are ALL covered under the warranty but my dealer told me otherwise yesterday. So...freakin.....frustrating. Especially when I do not trust my dealer at all. Please help.

I also have no extended coverage but you dont need to have coverage for the emission warranty to stay in affect...correct?

Thanks....Casey

·
Registered
606 Posts
Call Pontiac customer service and check with them, 1-800-762-2737. Have your VIN # when you call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.