Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly since this is my first post would like to say HI and looking forward to be part of this community! It sucks though that my first post has to be about a issue I'm having with the car and going mad trying to resolve it.

Issue: CEL with code P0443 Evap Control System Purge Valve C Fault.

Now firstly can someone explain to me the components to this system because I keep getting different answers as to where these or this part is. I get I need to drop my fuel tank to access it or the exhaust and also I found a solenoid right next to what seems to be the EGR valve.

THANKS in advance!

By the way its a 05 3.5L GT

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
P0443: Very likely the evap can purge solenoid valve itself (but also could be its wiring harness-can't tell which without troubleshooting with a multimeter). There is no need to drop the fuel tank as it's hanging off the engine. The Chiltons for G6 has the how-to on page 6-24 as well as an overview of the EVAP system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^Thanks very much, Ill look into the Chiltons book but just to clarify there is a solenoid righ by the can itself by the fuel tank AND the one on the top of the engine next to the EGR correct? What is the official name to the one on the top of the engine? Or do I still got this wrong...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The purve valve is on top of motor next to egr and vent solenoid is above gas tank. I just changed both of these my self and my service light came back on with p0455 again. I'm also having issues with mine starting only after refilling tank once its running no issues until I refill again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had an issue on my 3.6, i would fill my tank and when i would start the car it would surge like crazy. it was the purge solenoid (i think thats the correct name) on the top on the engine. replaced it with a replacement from rockauto and its been fine ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts