Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

In past days my GXP sent me the P0496 Code.

The piece has been changed and the code disappeared, after a week the problem returned

The piece was the purge valve.

Other problem it's when the gasoline has been loaded above 15 gallons, i close the fill cap and when start the engine it takes three times to success the start.

Any idea to fix the problem?

Thanks to all

Regards

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Other problem it's when the gasoline has been loaded above 15 gallons, i close the fill cap and when start the engine it takes three times to success the start.
Replacing the evap canister purge solenoid should have cured the 'hard start after fillup' issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you greenman, but the piece was new, the mechanic told me that, so you suggest that I have to change the solenoid valve once again?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thank you greenman, but the piece was new, the mechanic told me that, so you suggest that I have to change the solenoid valve once again?
Are you saying that after replacing the purge valve the P0496 code has returned & you are still having the 'hard start after fillup' problem?

Can you post a picture of the part that was replaced?

·
Registered
638 Posts
are you saying your PUTTING IN 15 GALLONS of gas when you fill up? the tank only holds 16 gallons so your probably running the damn thing outa gas if your saying that you are pumping 15 gal into the tank lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you saying that after replacing the purge valve the P0496 code has returned & you are still having the 'hard start after fillup' problem?

Can you post a picture of the part that was replaced?
Hello, what you're saying is correct, the valve was replaced and the problem returned after a week.

SexyG6, sorry it was not 15 gallons, I made bad the conversion gallons to liters, it's about 8 to 10 gallons.

Thanks to all

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still not convinced the correct valve was replaced. Code 496 & "hard start after fill-up" are the exact symptoms of a bad purge valve.
Hello Greenman.

I'm not convinced my self either, so I've decided to buy it again the valve, because last time I didn't see if the valve was new o repaired or whatever.

One last question, do you have the part number of the purge valve that has to be changed?

Thank you bro.

Best Regards

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Try amazon.
Search: pontiac G6 evap purge
Enter car details.

Not that likely that he put in a bad valve. But it is possible it was the wrong valve entirely. I cant say without seeing what was replaced. The purge valve hangs off the engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try amazon.
Search: pontiac G6 evap purge
Enter car details.

Not that likely that he put in a bad valve. But it is possible it was the wrong valve entirely. I cant say without seeing what was replaced. The purge valve hangs off the engine.
Hello Bro.

This is the part number that I found.

Is it correct?

Thanks for all

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello everyone.

The problem with the hard start after fill-up it's gone, tha valve was replaced and the GXP it's once again like a crow,

The part was correct is the 2141946 ac/delco

Thanks to all,

We'll keep in touch

Best regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts