Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Exhaust inlet /outlet size ?

30K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GNEsmond 
#1 ·
Have found a Flowmaster 80 series muffler I want to put on my G6 GT ... Just wondering what should the inlet and outlet sizes be... I really dont even know what size my original stock pipes are ... :confused:

#2 ·
Your original pipes are 2-1/4".
On my first exhaust I bumped it up to 2.5" and
ran it from the flange north of the resonator on back.

I recommend 2.5 in and a double 2.5 out to either 3.5" tips or 4".
I had both. prefer the 4".

#7 ·
Your original pipes are 2-1/4".
On my first exhaust I bumped it up to 2.5" and
ran it from the flange north of the resonator on back.

I recommend 2.5 in and a double 2.5 out to either 3.5" tips or 4".
I had both. prefer the 4".
I really need your help. I have a 2006 g6 gt sedan with a 3.5L, I was hoping you could tell me the exact size for a cherry bomb on my car. i think I saw you had better recommendations about mufflers. So if you have ones that you think are better, could you send me a link to the exact one, or tell me the exact dimension. Thank you

#4 ·
Here to help...cause I love the G6!
Your resonator is 37lbs of crap. I recommend you replace it with a flow through muffler.
If you dont then your Flowmaster or Magnaflow or whatever you replace your muffler with will have a rasp. Cherrybomb makes a cheap flow through...
Also- Dont go bigger than 4" around on the flow through resonator replacement or you will bottom it out over parking lot bumps, etc.

#5 ·
Might be a stupid question but will taking the stock resonator off void any kinda of warranty? Last thing I want is rasp when I do this

#6 ·
and how long is the stock resonator if i put a glasspack in its place?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.