Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just some pics and videos of some of the stuff done in the last month to the gtp!
Crabs, Nice exhaust and a tune. It makes quite a difference.
It was my first time on a dyno it was pretty intimadating lol!

here are some pics and vids, just nothing from the front, their is a nasty dent in the hood from a flying 18 wheeler tire, but it gets fixed tomorrow.

and a little video of the exhaust!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v369/katrinaadara/?action=view&current=DSCF0182.mp4

And Im sorry Lampoon! I think I must have "cleaned" up the stickers :(

i think i should have also posted this in a different section.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
What kind of exhaust mod?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got 2.5" mandreal bent pipe from the cat back, magnaflow muffler, and some nice 4 inch tips :)
the video doesnt do it justice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the number were alot lower then we all expected, my first pass was only like 178 or something but i was almost shaking i was so nervous being strapped into a dyno for the first time. the best we pulled that day was like 190 something. the intake temp was 49 degrees c and the humidity was 100% so that didnt help at all. i also dont think i was doing it right lol, i kept letting off at like 6k i didnt know if i was suposed too let it go at a certian time or let the limiter kick it, chalk it up too inexperince, nervousness, and being a natural blonde. We arent done with it anyways so im going too clear up if i did anything wrong this week when we go at it again. i was getting a bit of knock and we couldnt go any further until we put in some new plugs. I expect some better numbers when we go at it again later this week.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
49* intake temp? I take it they didn't put a fan on your intake to at least simulate driving conditions?

Given that, 190 isn't totally horrible. That translates to approx. 232 at the crank, and I'm sure it would have been better had they gotten the intake temp down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i dont remember the exact number, it was 190 something we were expecting at least 200 to the wheels.

it was so hot and humid on the verge of a thunderstorm that the fan didnt do anything too cool it down.

we arent done yet either! and im going too take off my intake resonator before i go back it should help too cool it down.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
It blocks the air now so TAKE IT OUT!!

My Dyno was 205....exhaust, intake, tune and all...I dont recall the temps
or conditions. A normal day I recall....

I think your 3.9 will do allot better. This a dyno tune or are you just dyno'in?
120 is about the temp if your standing still with no air. Once the car gets moving
it should drop at least half the difference to ambient air.

Ram air brings it almost to ambient temps.

*in my experince...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have taken it out before i even put the intake on, its double the work now.

It is a dyno tune, im sure with the intake resonator removed, new spark plugs, and a better day its going too produce alot better numbers.

I think I am laying off the gas too soon also. I get nervous when it gets close to the red I dont want too hurt my baby!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
nooooo....the resonator is below the quarter. No need to touch the intake.
Take it out through your wheel well. Easy cheesy. Need a "how to"?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
doh! I found that out last night.

How do I get those clips off the wheel well without breaking them? Is their a speical too for that?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
190? Wow thats disapointing for sure. I had my 06 GTP 6 speed dynoed after I put an intake, exhaust, and a jet performance module in similar conditions to yours hot, humid, elevation, no air moving in the shop (the front of my car was facing a wall) still ended up with okay numbers 214.76 HP and 211.43 at the wheels which puts it at 246.97 at the crank, however there is a website you can goto and it will calculate based on the temp, humidy, baramteric pressure, and elevation. When I used it it gave me numbers of 225.60 HP at the wheels which puts it at about 263HP at the crank. But this shoudl give you some idea of what numbers you should be able to get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Im hoping too see some better numbers on tuesday. I wont be so shy this time. Im sure i have something to do with it.

I had a thought though that maybe we have opened the exhaust up too much and ive lost some power due to lack of back pressure. If we dont get the numbers up too where they should be on tuesday I might have too try a high flow resonator as well.

On another note, I got that intake resonator out, just took off the front bumper, enough too pull it out threw the headlight. Took like 20 mins and 2 broken nails.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I'm pretty sure my duals are opened up more then your system, so that should not be creating an issue. I took that intake resonator out the same way; it was pretty easy, but I didn't brake any nails doing it, does that hurt or just piss you off? So it is now Wednesday, how did yesterday at the dyno go?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
yeah through the bumper was pretty easy, plus it required no arm strength for jacking up the car. (im weak)
And it really depends on WHERE you brake your nail at and if you have them done or not. If you have like fake ones on that can REALLY hurt lol.
I will post an update about the dyno tonight since it got post poned till today, as long as the weather holds up.

update: raining. post poned again till tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts