Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I tired looking for the following info everywhere but I can't find it.

Swim owns 06 G6 2.4 base. What would happen if said person removes the exhaust pipe. Instead of removing and replacing the resonator and muffler, swim decides to just remove the thing. Swim will keep they manifold, cat, and O2 sensor. Everything after the flex will be removed. Swim has a hard time understanding the "back pressure" between "straight" pipe (won't be "straight" since cat will remain in place and there would be some 90° in the pipe) and no pipe.

1. Swim likes how is sounds without the exhaust pipe.
  2. Law enforcement in the area isn't a concern, nor local laws.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Leaving the 02 sensors in place is a start. It will be noisy as hell on the highway. A friend can cut that away if he wants, but with no replacement dual exhaust, its just going to cause unnecessary vibration. Perhaps even rust and corrosion under the car because that hot exhaust is going where it never was supposed to.

The best way forward is not to simply destroy what exists, it would be to find a way to the rear of the car without the resonator and muffler. If you know your way around exhaust components, you can find what you need here:

I can imagine it is not unlike plumbing now that I see the components lists =) good luck!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good evening,
I tired looking for the following info everywhere but I can't find it.

Swim owns 06 G6 2.4 base. What would happen if said person removes the exhaust pipe. Instead of removing and replacing the resonator and muffler, swim decides to just remove the thing. Swim will keep they manifold, cat, and O2 sensor. Everything after the flex will be removed. Swim has a hard time understanding the "back pressure" between "straight" pipe (won't be "straight" since cat will remain in place and there would be some 90° in the pipe) and no pipe.

1. Swim likes how is sounds without the exhaust pipe.
  2. Law enforcement in the area isn't a concern, nor local laws.
I had an 06 gt 3.5L single exhaust and didnt like it because you couldnt hear it unless you revved it up. Didnt have the money to buy a new exhaust so I cut the resonator off and it sounded great and didnt have a check engine light either. If you remove resonator and muffler it will probably code because of not enough back pressure and not run as well either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts